•  

Thread: Anybody think this would be unsafe?

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks

Question Anybody think this would be unsafe?

So I've been running coilovers using Petrified Rabbits install and endlink kit, and the car has phenomenal handling. However, I am getting sick of the super bumpy ride and I was thinking of going back to KYB shocks/struts and lowering springs for comfort's sake and to be able to sell the car in the future. My question is, does anybody think it would be unsafe to go back to stock-type shocks with the modified steering knuckle? I know that if I were to try and put the strut back on, there would be a gap in between the steering knuckle and the strut mount. I was thinking of filling that gap with washers. I'm not sure if that is entirely safe and I dont want to get a new steering knuckle since I dont have the tools to punch the hub out and place it into a new knuckle. Here is a pic of the modified knuckle off of Rabbit's install, mine is similar.
      Name:  ground2.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  55.7 KB

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      washers would be fine in there..just keep them even.

i have days i wish could have a little more comfort too, but then i need to turn and realize the handling is worth it.

if your uncomfortable with that and want "new" ones, i have a spare set with @ 20k on them.

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks
      Yeah I love the handling, but the roads out here are horrible. I cross over alot of traintracks and areas where they have those stupid dips at every intersection. I miss comfort, lol. Thanks for the reply.