•  

Thread: Good Tires?

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Good Tires?

Last year i bought firestone persion sport tires, at first they were really good. now a year and month later and about 25,000 miles on them there bald and im sliding all over the road when it snows. the place were i bought them from gave me every explination in the book that they cant really help me out. the guy did say that he would give me free instalion on a set of firestone champion hr ( about 295 plus tax), but from looking around it looks like its the same tire. does anyone know of any decent reasonably priced tires.

Thanks
      if you are just looking for opinions,anytime i buy brand new i usually go with cooper or firestone because performance+price+wear=not bad overall, but we have alot of used places around here where you can buy top quality name brand 90% tread at half to third of price of new.pirrelli,bf goodridge,michilen,dunlop these are all 5 yr long wear tires but are much more expensive new.you can get 5yr 100,000km warranty from top of the line tires.but i usually stick with almost new at 40.00 a tire installed.

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      i buy "cheap" performance tires, if they last me 10-20k i am very happy. the oem aveo tires lasted me 4k miles, twice. the nexens lasted 9k, and my sunny tires lasted 10. the rest were really spent on winter tires.

i have spent a small fortune on tires the have __ mile warranties etc. Regardless of the tire brand, "mileage" and cost, most of my tires make it less than 10k miles, I dont think i have ever had a set make it to 20k.

that said, what tires are you looking for? allseason? check tires-easy.com? from their site: i had a set of triangles i was happy with, hated the fuzions i had (from firestone?) liked my performance kumhos, not impressed by the oem kumhos at all, and have had ok luck with both nankang and federal.

Thanks
      my triangles only lasted 10k miles b4 they looked to be changed(made in china) but sold the car with them on it.

Almost time to do my timing belt NYChevoo's Avatar
      Thanks
      I am very happy always with my bf goodrich g-force supersport a/s tires. I always run my bf goodrichs.
      Missing our beloved 1st gen Aveos everyday!
      Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!!
      04 Aveo (mine gone but never forgotten)
      07 Aveo 5 (wifes car gone but never forgotten)
      02 Suburban (Eats gas stations as snacks)
      12 Cruze Eco 6MT
      (46mpg daily? Holy crap!)
      12 Sonic 2LT (Wifeys new wheels)

Chevoo-1/2 Chevy, 1/2 Daewoo. I mean like WTF?

Almost time to do my timing belt daug1502's Avatar
      Thanks
      I did well with a set of Uniroyal tiger paw's new. got them summer of 2010, and I'm on my second winter with them. We have gotten quite a bit of snow, and the aveo still gets around pretty well. I am by no means easy on tires, especially in the winter. I Have one tire that vibrates at about 30MPH despite being balanced. I attribute that to burning out and ebrake slides on dry pavement to many times. The tires still have decent tread. The only complaint is that I tend to slide a little to easy for my comfort in the rain. wether I am stopping or taking off, the wet roads are not fun for stopping or starting. I haven't slid around a corner in the raid, or even unpredictably in the snow and ice.

My next planned set of tires will be cooper cs4's unless a better model comes out when I am ready to by.

I don't ever buy used tires, unless I am in desperate need of something.
      http://www.aveoforum.com/phpBB3/view...p?f=41&t=28184
      2008 Aveo5 SV

I will think of a better signature later.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Geez! you guys must drive your cars hard! 4k miles on the oems! I went almost 35 thousand miles with routine tire rotations on my stock tires. I am on my third set of tires. got them at 60k and its now 83k. they are Summit ultramax hp tires and they were an oem replacement. they still have lots of tread and give good dry traction, but the snow traction is not good. im guessing ohio gets pretty nasty in the winter so if money allows i would get some really good snow tires and get an extra set of rims to put them on so you can swap back and forth between seasons. thats what I do with my wife's cobalt. normal tires in fall-spring-summer, and winter has the Bridgestone Blizzaks which i really recommend!

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Toyo Ecclipse in the summer, Toyo Observes in the winter. You can't go wrong! I have my Observes on right now during the winter. Its fun being king of the road in the snow and ice passing by stuck pickups and SUV's. They are a studless snow tire with ground walnut shells within the sipes. They grip the roads like none other!

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      All season: Michelin Destiny(80,000 mile warranty), Hankook Optimo(60,000)
      Winter: Hankook iPike, Michelin Xice
      Summer: Dunlop Direzza DZ101, Michelin Pilot
      Just to name a few, Yokohamas and Pirellis are also good