•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $50 Rear Axle Bushing Solution

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      Personally, i think that adjusting the rear alignment on a rear beam equipped car, even with the excessive toe, is a waste. Mine has a very extreme toe measurement compared to stock and the tires are wearing fine, and i can't rotate my tires.

Anyhow, the rear noise could be the shock mounts, check those, And also verify the spindles are torqued properly.

I had just put in new shocks 3 weeks ago and new mounts, I took it apart today the brand new shock was no good I could push it in with out resistance but had resistance coming back up...hmmm well anyways the noise is gone and no additional cost. I took a really good look at my bushings and they are fine (86,000km).The VW ones up here are 70.00 each.

I don't know Rabbit about beam axle car rear wheels, to align or not align. I am just that kinda guy if it's not straight and there is a way to straighten it.....I align things more for fuel mileage than any other reason, this is the first car I have ever had tire wear issues/handling issues with....it's was/is so messed up I am just trying to get everything the way it really should be in the first place.

I can tell you this though, I was driving down the hwy at 60mph,hwy was bone dry and it was winter time. There was a smooth icepack strip on my lefthand side and I had the kiwi plugged in so I was watching the instant mpg..I slid the pass side tires over onto the ice strip, 7MPG increase. I went on and off the ice strip several times to make sure it was accurate. That's a pile of tire scrub..somewhere !

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      hi has anyone used these yet i need to replace mine and want to know if they fit or not?? will be for 2005 Pontiac Wave automatic. Energy Suspension 15.3118 - Rear Axle Beam Bushings. Energy Suspension ENE-15.3118G

Thanks
      Yes, the Energy Suspension 15.3118 bushings fit the rear trailing arm. I'm using them.

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      good 3 year bump

Thanks
      I know it was an old thread. I was looking for a confirmation that it would fit, but every thread only said they *should* fit. Nobody had ever confirmed it. Now anyone searching has that confirmation.

Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I noticed my bushings have essentially lost their connection from the rubber to the outer sleeve due to corrosion, age, and mileage. The entire rear axle is actually shifted over to the drivers side by 1/2" to 3/4". It's somewhat deceiving since the actual rubber is in decent shape, except that she has let go by allowing the ass end to shift from side to side. I have removed the old bushings and their sleeves within about 45 minutes from beginning to end. I'm now awaiting the VW bushings and have a couple of questions.

First question: The oem bushings were pressed in from the inside outward. I'm assuming I should also install the new vw bushings the same way? It would be easier rigging up the press to just push them from the outside in, but I want to keep it as OEM as possible. So does it even matter which way? I also noticed the youtube video of the dorman replacement bushings also show pressing from the outside in.
      Second question: The vw bushings installation seems to show a certain orientation of the bushing before pressing it back in. Now they're obviously round and it shouldn't matter, except that it looks as though the inner bushing has 3 tapers that they probably want aligned a certain way? Is there a particular orientation for these bushings on the aveo? Is there a type of off-set to the inside of the bushing where the bolt goes?Or can they just be slapped right in there?

Last edited by Porcupinepuffer; 09-20-2015 at 03:49 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12