•  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stereo advice

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: Stereo advice

Hey Clint; I do have one. It works great for a while, but driving around up here you lose stations so easily, it was more of a hassle at times, so I gave up on it. Works great in the house though.

cyber3d; It was $138.88.
      I don't want to spend too much, but I don't want junk either.
      Another thing I don't like about the stereo is the aux jack isn't actually on the receiver itself, it's an adapter. Plus I've seen other ones that have USB attachments.
      I guess that settles it. It's going back.

I've been poking around on here www.onlinecarstereo.com

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

Ravenne,

I would recommend crutchfield.com rather than onlinecarstereo.com. I don't think online is an authoized dealer for most of their mechandise. If you read the warranty, it is usually throught their company, not the manufacturer, and the manufacturer will not recognize the product or support it. Also the free accessories such as dash kit, harness, instruction, adapters, free shipping, etc. are worth the few extra bucks. There are plenty of good name economy stereos in your price range and installation with the accessories is a breeze in the Aveo.

Almost time to do my timing belt NYChevoo's Avatar
      Thanks

yeah!! lets hear it for tuneage!!!
      Missing our beloved 1st gen Aveos everyday!
      Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!!
      04 Aveo (mine gone but never forgotten)
      07 Aveo 5 (wifes car gone but never forgotten)
      02 Suburban (Eats gas stations as snacks)
      12 Cruze Eco 6MT
      (46mpg daily? Holy crap!)
      12 Sonic 2LT (Wifeys new wheels)

Chevoo-1/2 Chevy, 1/2 Daewoo. I mean like WTF?

Thanks

Okay, I will chime in for a minute here.

You can use your stock stereo, with proper speakers and a bazooka tube, you can make your stereo sound pretty okay.
      I mean, it won't win any sound competitions, but it will do it's job. I have used a bazooka tube, and aftermarket speakers on my 08 Aveo LT, and was quite pleased with it.
      If you don't want to lose that much trunk space, you can go with something different, like a basslink, or the Blaupunkt powered sub. They all work pretty well if you are looking to add just a little more depth, but not wanting to go all out, and like the tube do not require a head unit direct connection. It requires a single input wye'd off your rear speaker, it doesn't require a remote lead, as it will auto-on when a signal is detected.
      On the bright side, of you buy it, and find you don't like it, you can always send it back, quoting, "This thing is junk"
      4 wheels, 4 doors, 4 cylinders, 8 speakers, and 1 loose nut on the steering wheel driving the car!
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3078012

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

Hey Ravenne, post a few choices here on this thread and we'll help you decide (well at least try to). If you have specs too, that'll be helpful.

Victor

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ClintCart
      I 100% dissagree with all posters, All I have is an 8" Bazooka tube in the hatch (that's removeable), set the CD player/MP3 player (factory one) to Jass and it's perfect. There is NO wiring to the factory CD player, a + wire to the battery and tie into the rear speakers for the high level in. Done.
      the fact you have a bazooka tube totally negates anything you have to say. They sound terrible

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cyber3d
      Hey Ravenne, post a few choices here on this thread and we'll help you decide (well at least try to). If you have specs too, that'll be helpful.

Victor
      I'll do that, thanks.
      I'll take a look at Crutchfield.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aveodude
      Quote Originally Posted by ClintCart
      I 100% dissagree with all posters, All I have is an 8" Bazooka tube in the hatch (that's removeable), set the CD player/MP3 player (factory one) to Jass and it's perfect. There is NO wiring to the factory CD player, a + wire to the battery and tie into the rear speakers for the high level in. Done.
      the fact you have a bazooka tube totally negates anything you have to say. They sound terrible

ok.... ethug.
      06' Aveo
      07' Liberty
      1973 VW Bug. Full resto. summer toy.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

everything sounds good, but then you get something better and that sounds awesome, but then you hear a better system and everything that you had is **** compared to it.

i started out by adding a 12" piramid sub in a sealed box and powering it off my rear speakers, and that was awesome, letter on i put in a 80 watts RMS pioneer amp in to it and WOW the bass was crazy. then... i switched to a 10" JL audio sub. compared to the jl my old sub was horrable, no clarity or volume what so ever. everything was great and i loved my system, but i disaided to make it better so i upgraded to a Dual Audio mp3 deck with rear aux out put for the amp. but my sub was still geting the full range sound.

after awhile i sold the system and put in 2 10" kickers in a ported box that took up my whole hatch and powered it with a lighting audio amp 120 watts RMS (this amp finaly had cross overs so i only put low Hz (bass) in to my subs. the bass was so loud it dron out my speakers, and those subs would hit at 33hz. and i rocked that system for 4-5 months, but wanted something better and smaller caz the system took up my whole trunk. so i sold it and got what i have now.

10" mtx 7500 sledgehammer in a 0.75 cu ft sealed box (takes up 1/3 of my hatch) and powered it with a rockford fosgate 450 watts RMS amp, with a top of a line sony deck with 4v pre outs. and this system is retared, it louder then 2 10" kickers, and hits so low that you feel it more then you hear it. this 1 10" can take 800watts rms and hit 130 DB.

this system is a keeper in my books, right up to a point until i sat in a civic hatch with a 1 15" kicker solo barick sub in a box that takes up the whole hatch powered buy a 600watts RMS amp. that thing hits at 25 hz and makes you feel like your having a heart attack. im still kepping my system but this is what is going to be in my second car next year.

oh and that system sounds like **** compared to when i was siting in a wagon with 1 22" 369lb mtx jackhammer geting 4000 watts rms at a local bass/tuner show

my point is there will always be something better, and everything sounds good untill you upgrade or hear some one elses system

PS: get 1 sub in a sealed box and a good amp, and you will not be desapointed
      Its more fun to drive a slow car fast, rather than drive a fast car slow!

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deniswhite1
      PS: get 1 sub in a sealed box and a good amp, and you will not be desapointed
      in my mustang i had one jl w3 in a stealth box, that thing was awesome, everyone who rode in my car would be suprised when i told them it was only one sub and not 2.

You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast