•  

Thread: Need help with stereo set-up

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Need help with stereo set-up

Hey everyone so I am new to the posts and you guys all caught my attention with your posts. Now I had lots of questions since I am very inexperienced with car audio. I have a 10" Punch Sub with non ported box and a Xplore 1000Watts Amp. I am having a friend set up the system to my stock head unit of my Chevy Aveo 2009 LS 1.6L car. I do have OnStar and I don't have it activated. So my questions are:

1. What do I need to do to install these two things into my car?
      2. What type of cables would I need for my car (with stock head unit)?
      3. And would I need to change anything so my system doesn't destroy my batter?
      (Would only having a capacitor be enough to maintain the system or should I consider upgrading my battery?)

If you guys could give me the models and all the detailed information I would greatly appreciate it. Feel free to send information through email.

Thank you everyone and I hope to hear from you! =D

What do you mean there's no turbo? paulsaveo's Avatar
      Thanks
      are you only wanting to add 1 amp and the single sub? If so, what you will need is a highend converter. the high end converter will tie into the speaker wires for your rear speakers, then you need a set of RCA cables that plug into the highend converter and plug into the amp, then you will need an amp kit. Im not trying to bash what you have but, the 1000w sony explode amp will not do 1000w, more like 4-500, but you need an amp kit, either a 4 or 8 guage amp kit (an 8 guage kit should be more than sufficient). a capacitor is a waste of time honestly. part of the amp kit kit is a remote wire that turns the amp on, im not sure where that can be wired in for accessory power but, im sure someone else on here will read this and be able to let you know

Thanks
      Hi just complet an instalation in my 2010 aveo5. If you want to ad a power amp to your eom radio you must drive your speakers whit something else than the eom radio... because a 10'' punch sub powered by 300w rms amp vs the factory deck is a poor ratio all you gonna ear is the bass!!!

What do you mean there's no turbo? LarsBud's Avatar
      Thanks
      The factory deck is a waist of time to keep if you’re adding a sub or any other speakers. It’s a really cheap unit and so are the factory speakers.
      Spend the money and get an aftermarket Head unit and save the headaches
      Always make the best of what you have!
      http://caferacersontario.forumer.com

Thanks
      Well I dont think the eom deck is so crapy. properly instal it give you the same result (sound) that all the other cheap no name aftermarket unit. adding a power amp whit the speaker input device (hp filter and sub out) give you great result trust me. If you have 800$ to put in a new unit and speakers go for it. Me all I had to buy is: speaker wire, connectors, and 4 tweeter (that I already had) it cost me 40$. all you have to do is pull out the deck, properly rewired the speaker to the power amp connect the twitter to the speaker wire instal it and connect the sub the the amp. This is the best way to save money if you do it by yourself you just need the good amp.
      No headaches very simple to do, all the speakers color code is on the top of the unit.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      but if he wants to keep his onstar its his only option within reason.. paul said it best.. the remote line should plug into either the remote output on the highend converter or find the power for the headunit and use that.. as far as a cap, dont worry about it xplode over rates EVERYTHING and theres no way that amp is even near 600w rms.. so yea what paul said, just wire everything up and youll be fine.. i dont know if explode amps have a remote gain control but if they do, buy a controller and it will be nice to be able to controll your bass level.

welcome to the site, enjoy

Thanks
      haha Thanks guys. And the AMP is XPLORE not Xplode lol Don't worry I know the amp is crap because it's not even a SONY brand. Something I can buy at the swap meet. Well thank you for all your input guys. Really informative. By the way, I am not to worried about a car I am temporarily using until I upgrade to a better one. My car is already having problems I believe because I installed a cool air intake system and it made one of the ignition coils go out to me spark plugs. blah... Once again, Thanks guys.

What do you mean there's no turbo? paulsaveo's Avatar
      Thanks
      [QUOTE=mikeib182;150611]haha Thanks guys. And the AMP is XPLORE not Xplode lol Don't worry I know the amp is crap because it's not even a SONY brand. Something I can buy at the swap meet. Well thank you for all your input guys. Really informative. By the way, I am not to worried about a car I am temporarily using until I upgrade to a better one. My car is already having problems I believe because I installed a cool air intake system and it made one of the ignition coils go out to me spark plugs. blah... Once again, Thanks guys.[/QUOTE

Youre welcome, thats what this site is for