•  

Thread: 2009 Aveo LT AC not working

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

2009 Aveo LT AC not working

Hi all,

It was just last week that I refilled the AC gas and everything worked fine for a week. Then starting this week, when the AC button is pressed, the light turns on and that's it, its not cooling and I don't feel like the compressor is on. Because previously when the AC button is pressed, I could feel the compressor turning on.

I am confused and worried; what to do now? will it be an expensive repair? I am from Finland. I would like to take it to the same workshop where they refilled the gas, but they will charge me again just to look at it, which will be something like €30-50. So I wanted to ask the experts here, before I take the car to the workshop, that is therey anything that I could check myself.

Hope to hear from all and thanking you in advance for your time and replies. Thank You.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      If it was empty and you refilled it and it is empty again, you have a leak..

Does finland have top off cans available at your parts store? it doesn't take much pressure loss for the pressure switch to kill the system. If you top it off a little more and it works, it might keep working. I had to do a second add to my system when I used a shop to fill it with the proper amount.. I topped it off about a week or two later and it worked ever since.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      If it was empty and you refilled it and it is empty again, you have a leak..

Does finland have top off cans available at your parts store? it doesn't take much pressure loss for the pressure switch to kill the system. If you top it off a little more and it works, it might keep working. I had to do a second add to my system when I used a shop to fill it with the proper amount.. I topped it off about a week or two later and it worked ever since.
      Thank you for the reply. I hope there will be, but even if I could find it, I lack sufficient amount of tools to do it. Do I need a manifold gauge? Please ignore my lack of knowledge in such things.

Thank you. Have a nice day ahead.

Thanks
      I took the car to a workshop nearby. He took a look and told me that radiator is leaking and need to replace it. It would cost me €412. The cost of AC condenser/radiator is €206. Could anyone tell me if the said part cost that much or to choose a particular brand? Also a stupid question; is it an easy job, if I try and do it myself? I was thinking, if I change the radiator myself and then take the car to neaest station to refill the gas, would it be okay? €400 seems a lot I guess. All and any help will be highly appreciated. Thanl you

One more question: Are there any videos that shows how to change the radiator for this model aveo (2009 Aveo Sedan 1.4 AC)?