•  

Thread: Windeshield Wiper Spray Nozzles On Hood

What do you mean there's no turbo? FlaAveo5's Avatar
      Thanks

Windeshield Wiper Spray Nozzles On Hood

Hey all. This might be a stupid question, but hey, I tend to ask oddball one. Does anyone know if the windshield spray nozzle that is on the 2015 and earlier Cruzes, will fit our Aveos? Or specifically will it fit my 2006 Aveo?

My sister has a 2014 Cruze, and I LOVE the even spray of the wipers on her car. I have always hated the 2 pin hole 'streams' that our Aveos send out. I am constantly adjusting them, to get the best coverage, and hers is a full even 'mist'. I would take hers off and see if they fit, but it is a brand new car and she won't let me touch it like that...I'd be taking her new car 'apart'...thats the answer I have gotten.

I dont know if there is maybe another Chevy model that makes that even spray, maybe the old Colbalt? and it would fit my hoods openings? Is there?

I am pretty sure they would probably just plug into the rubber tubing with little problem, but I cant get any info. from the parts dept at Chevy. They have never been asked this question before...so it seems it would take to much time to find out, unless I buy the parts FIRST and see if they fit. Cheap as these are, I don't want to buy 10 sets of nozzles from 10 different models, to see if any fit. So I am asking if anyone knows. Guess thats it. So...any idea?

Simple & Clean :) AndrewButler05's Avatar
      Thanks
      I would be interested in this as well, I always hated the dual streams too. I honestly never thought about changing them, I rarely use the washers, but I guess that's because I hate how they spray.

I would say try to purchase a set of them solely if you can and see if they fit. Even if you had to get a tubing connector/adapter to connect to the existing hoses that should be the easy part, it's just if they will fit the holes in the hood.

One of neighbors has a fully loaded 2014 Cruze LT (No turbo :/ ) I may walk over and look at her nozzles for size (oh the innuendos) but I would assume they would be close to ours. Those nozzles seem like they would be semi-standard since a lot of cars have them and they all seem to look the "same".

My next door neighbor on the ground floor has a fully loaded 2014 Sonic, the nozzles on his Sonic and her Cruze appear to be identical. I can't imagine Chevy making two completely different nozzles due to the windshields being nearly identical in size.

As I said before, I think it's going to come down to someone buying a set of those nozzles and seeing if they fit.

I'm interested to see if anyone else is on board with this.

What do you mean there's no turbo? PoisonIvy's Avatar
      Thanks
      I love retrofitting stuff like this. Here's an example of Cruze nozzles:

2pcs Windshield Wiper Water Jet Nozzle Fit Chevrolet Cruze 2010 2014 | eBay

A couple things come to mind. Are they the same shape for the opening? And pump pressure may be a factor.

What do you mean there's no turbo? PoisonIvy's Avatar
      Thanks
      I just looked under the hood. The shape, and the 'two prong' setup look similar. But It's tough to say if size is the same.

Thanks
      One of us may just have to wing it and order a set...

Thanks
      I'll have to pop out one of my sisters wiper nozzles from her Cruze, she has the turbo model, but it is the same one on the entire Cruze lineup. The windshield is bigger on the Cruze, but if it fits the opening in the hood, it doesn't matter if the spray goes over the sides a bit. As long as I get a more even spray. I just hate these two streams from each nozzle. Thought by now someone would have done this minor 'mod'. Or that they know the newer Sonic/ (and the other one!!!), had the even sprayers in them? Guess they dont put that spray in the 'cheap' cars. Thought it might be in the Cobalt, next size up from ours...I think.

Thanks
      I really don't think Debbie would let me take one from her Cruze, it's kind of her baby. Hopefully you can persuade your sister to let you. I hope it does, if they fit I'll order a set from ebay.

I think it's just the simple fact of most people don't even think about it, but I will agree I'm surprised that someone hasn't thus far.

Thanks
      JUST remembered that sis is leaving for a 2 week vacation, driving up to Conn. on Mon. EARLY AM, ...and gonna be gone 95% of tomorrow till 8pm, and i work from 8am till 6pm tomorrow. Gonna be tight to see if I can access her car for 5 mins. as they pack it to leave. Let alone get to lift the hood and pull off her wiper nozzle. God help me if it then doesnt work on her trip,....I'll get the blame for a speck of dirt in the line!!! I'll try P.S. anyone take a look at my other post about power steering fluid type WE need in Aveos.

Thanks
      [QUOTE=AndrewButler05;194910]I really don't think Debbie would let me take one from her Cruze, it's kind of her baby. Hopefully you can persuade your sister to let you. I hope it does, if they fit I'll order a set from ebay.

I think it's just the simple fact of most people don't even think about it, but I will agree I'm surprised that someone hasn't thus far.

[/QUOT
      Thought I would let anyone who wants to know...I went to Chevy yesterday and finally got them to pull a 2014 Cruze wiper nozzle from the parts bin, to see if it would fit. They finally did it for me, and while it looks like it will fit, it wont. It is like 1/4 of an inch to big for the hood opening. IF anyone want to cut their hood, and risk it rusting, go for it. BUT I am not going to risk rust on my car. It looks like a simple fit, and MAYBE if you force it through it might fit? BUT hey, rust is a bitch, and I don't think the risk of rust is worth the risk of a nicer spray pattern. My dealer wanted $16 for one nozzle and $13 for the other! Why they are different prices, I don't know, I guess one throws a bigger spray? Thought I would update my own posting.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FlaAveo5 For This Useful Post:

AndrewButler05 (08-25-2015)