•  

Thread: stained glass spray paint

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

stained glass spray paint

have anyone used the krylon stained glass spray paint to tint their tails or headlights or even fogs or markers? i guess you could even tint mirrors or windows with it too?

i'd like to see some pictures if you have!

Presto – 2009 AVEO5 LS – Victory Red

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

Re: stained glass spray paint

not me, what color are you looking to do?

for smoke, night shades i think it is called. or testors? makes a tinted black clear.

for red. testors makes a color that works (need to do your own internet search, i dont know which but have seen it)

for amber i believe there is a top coat spray of that Kamaleon (sp?) spray that is close (again look for it)

I would imagine the stain glass spray would work. just test it though because it might give a "stained glass effect" and not be a smooth color?

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit
      not me, what color are you looking to do?

for smoke, night shades i think it is called. or testors? makes a tinted black clear.

for red. testors makes a color that works (need to do your own internet search, i dont know which but have seen it)

for amber i believe there is a top coat spray of that Kamaleon (sp?) spray that is close (again look for it)

I would imagine the stain glass spray would work. just test it though because it might give a "stained glass effect" and not be a smooth color?

Sweet bro, thanks! that actually helps a lot now that i have a brand name to look for... i'm not nessesarily gonna spray my tails but my buddy wants to tint his tail lights and cargo light on his truck and i just came across the krylon on google images so i figured what not ask any of you?
      Presto – 2009 AVEO5 LS – Victory Red

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

I used Rust-O-Leum from AutoZone on my 08 Kia Optima and they turned out quite nice. However, I haven't put the clear on them yet for the gloss, but they still look pretty nice. I put up a pic later.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

I've used the VHT Nite-Shades paint before. It comes in a purple can with a black lid and should be available in most automotive parts stores. Usually when I use it I use a really fine sand paper and wet sand the taillights or headlight ect then spray several light coats of VHT, then wet sand again and clear coat. It will give you the best look. Either that or you can use a film to lay over your lenses. I used a black tint film on my tails of the Aveo from DecalFX.com, but they have red, yellow, blue, black. All sorts of stuff. Mine turned out great, but wasn't quite dark enough for my taste. I'll be smoking mine with VHT in the next few weeks.
      Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

If you want to make your own tint, get some "ok for plastic" clear coat, and mix wood char with it to suit your color tastes. It's the same color wet as it is dry. It's a model method for making things appear used/dirty. (Train cars, or anything that requires a bit of blackwash.)

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

Yeah, VHT is a good product that works well but the best method if you have access to a real spray gun/paint supplies ect. is to tint some clear with a little black paint to the consistency you like and spray several light coats to your desired look. Afterward, just hand polish with your choice of product and you're done.
      Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

yeah, i use dupont production clear and black tint. (not paint but tint. no base maker in it)

works the best and is as durable as the finish on your car..