Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      this:

versus this:

the red one wins..

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      You know. I like that look as well. Maybe even a little better. Now, do you still think it would look stupid to paint the front lip black to match?

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      i think the only way you could pull off the black ground effects is by adding the textured side moldings, and maybe even door handles, except they are wrong style to be textured. imho all "trim" should be uniform, not mixed, missing or installed in incomplete sets.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Well i was going to put the lip kit on as a complete set, as well as paint the hood, and a black wing as well. Actually, black painted door handles would tie everything in together I believe. What if I painted the hood like the GTI, painted the roof and trunk matching black, the lip kit black, and door handles....to much? lol im just trying to get a little "outta the box" here. but i guess im going a bit far...lol

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      I know this sounds gay...but I remember playing some racing game on Xbox 360, and you could change bodykits and add carbonfiber parts and such... and you could add a carbonfiber hood, trunk and roof.... and I really liked the way that looked. A bit cheesy with all that carbon fiber... but i think it kinda looks like a skunk stripe (only reverse the colors, lol)... and for some reason I think it could work...

Almost time to do my timing belt xintersecty's Avatar
      Thanks
      Rabbit in your RED vs WHITE, I can't tell the difference. I see it now, its the ground effects are greyish on the white car (maybe black). I do agree, a stripe effect with the black down the center looks way better than highlighting the accents/ground effects.
      Please do not power off, firmware update pending.....

What do you mean there's no turbo? paulsaveo's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by MJP92284 View Post
      So I think Ima keep this little guy for a while and I'm gunna do a few things to it. First of all, I already make a SRI for it, but gunna switch to a CAI when I get back from Iraq. So, also when I get back Ima get new rims, coilovers and do all that fun...

But my question to you all...Im gunna get a Lip Kit for it, and I was thinking about painting it gloss or matt black instead of matching it to the car (yellow). I was also gunna get a carbon fiber hood (or paint mine black or carbon fiber) and get a carbon fiber wing...

But the lip kit, do you guys think thatll look gay? the car being yellow and the lipkit being black? just wondering if itll look kool or stupid.
      If you havent looked at it yet, even though its the first gen, check out pacman aveo on here

Thanks

Ok I know I suck hard at photoshop.. xD but yeah I tried to do something nice. I would even go further if I wasnt lacking of skills lol. I wanted to add some stickers on it, a hood hole and better front lights....... meh.. Yeah, the GTI look really nice on the Aveo too!
      Last edited by Sathirel; 05-04-2011 at 08:52 PM.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      I dont think it looks so bad with the blacked out ground effects on that Aveo... to small to really even stand out much, but makes you notice it... I think that look, a nice wing, and painted door handles would look amazing, but not extremly overboard.

btw, your photo shop is way better than i could ever accomplish...lol

Almost time to do my timing belt xintersecty's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Sathirel View Post
      Ok I know I suck hard at photoshop.. xD but yeah I tried to do something nice. I would even go further if I wasnt lacking of skills lol. I wanted to add some stickers on it, a hood hole and better front lights....... meh.. Yeah, the GTI look really nice on the Aveo too!
      I don't think you suck at photoshop. I think you did a great job. The whole point of the exercise is to look at a mockup and get a feel for it. I have to admit skunk strip look is not bad on a Gen II aveo. Personally I would think it would suck on a gen one aveo.

I am going to agree with Rabbit, the ground effects should be the same color as the base.

Please do not power off, firmware update pending.....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast