•  
    Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you guys think...?

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

What do you guys think...?

So I think Ima keep this little guy for a while and I'm gunna do a few things to it. First of all, I already make a SRI for it, but gunna switch to a CAI when I get back from Iraq. So, also when I get back Ima get new rims, coilovers and do all that fun...

But my question to you all...Im gunna get a Lip Kit for it, and I was thinking about painting it gloss or matt black instead of matching it to the car (yellow). I was also gunna get a carbon fiber hood (or paint mine black or carbon fiber) and get a carbon fiber wing...

But the lip kit, do you guys think thatll look gay? the car being yellow and the lipkit being black? just wondering if itll look kool or stupid.

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      i think it will look like a 4x4 package on the sx4.. personally. vw and audis almosot always look better with the matched effects on the higher priced models than the black/grey on the lower priced cars.

while you are in iraq you should look for aveo stuff, a lot of the "wild" aveos posted online are from iraq, saudi arabia, and egypt it seems.

how do you feel about osama?

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Enh... he wasnt a buddy of mine so I dont feel in mourning. LOL IDC, it doesnt change anything for me. Still a grunt doing my job no matter what happends.

So thats a negative then? lol I was just wondering on how much of a PITA it would be to color match

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      the yellow on the aveo is hard to match because it fades so fast.

even my bumper didn't match once it was cleared to the edge (paint was original on the ends).

Almost time to do my timing belt xintersecty's Avatar
      Thanks
      Hey! Be real careful going over to Iraq. A HS friend's son was defusing an IUD and was severely injured. Last I heard he was at Walter Reed stable. I also had a younger cousin serve a tour there and he came back ok. Just wanted to let you know that I really do support our troops and to be careful on your tour. Come home safe and we can talk cars, beer and women!

Now onto colors, I agree with the Rabbit the two tone makes the car look cheap. The whole purpose of two colors is to accent something. Lipkits, spoilers, and etc. should "flow" with the car and not stand out!

Take a look at this link designer cars - Google Search for designer cars and notice just about all the pictures are single color.
      Please do not power off, firmware update pending.....

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      I wish I knew how to use photo shop, but think of this idea... lol The painted matt black. Now, right down the middle of the nose there are two body lines that outline the grill (kinda). Well i was thinking painting the middle of that matt black as well, and the front lip matt black. So basically, the matt runs from hood to lip thru the grill...

thats what im planning on in my head. but do you think it would look douchey not tomatch the rest of the kit, or would it look fine to have the rest of the lipkit/sideskirts painted yellow...

riddle me this batman...lol

O and thanx for caring everyone. Im sure ill be fine. they dont give us bullets anymore, just teddy bears... itll be easy over there now.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Name:  Audi RS Front.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  8.1 KB

I was thinking about it looking a bit like the Audi's... Just think black hood, and black front spoiler.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Name:  Yellow Aveo.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  62.3 KB

Haha... someone beat me to it. Minus the gay flames tho. LOL but with a black lip kit....anyone Bueller, Bueller, Bueller... still think its a gay idea?

Thanks
      Imo, flames are gay, and fiber hood can look gay depending on how far you want to custom your car...

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      well i reaqlly like the look of the matt black hood and front area painted. and i think the lip kit colored the same color would be awesome. but i wonder if matching the rest of the kit (tail section, side skirts) would look gay or look like it matches.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast