•  

Thread: U20SED

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

U20SED

U20SED engine swap into aveo ?? any one here got info on it ive been doing some research of my own but havent done too much so any info on here ?? i here its a pretty easy swap ? and also is this engine able to be built up ?? the aveo engine really isnt a good engine to build so i want to be able to do the whole 9 yards if i can ? also i hear there are a few 6 speed trannies u can hook up to the engine ??

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      you will need custom mounts for the engine plus wiring but it would bolt right up to our transmission we have now....6spd really isnt worth the cost to get it here....i wouldnt count the 1.6L out, check out this web page http://www.sbdev.co.uk/History_files...ackingPair.htm .... that is another 1.6L in the daewoo/opel engine family...its got higher compression and a more agressive cam...but our 1.6L can be built up just like that....the u20sed is a nice engine and can be built up with parts from other engines but ive been kind of disappointed with the numbers from the turbo u20sed's ive seen compared to other 2.0L engines

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks
      well having a 2.0 as opposed to a 1.6 would be better and would make the car faster.

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks
      heres one if you guys are interested, it seems to be brand new http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-...96055811QQrdZ1 damn i wish i had the money to buy it right now

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      so your advice for an engine for our car would be the 2.0 or stick with the one i got ?? cuz i was thinking maybe buy the 2.0 and begin to build it and then when im ready put it in my car but thats just me , wat do u know about the 6 speed cuz i love 6 speeds for some reason

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by yellowaveo1988
      so your advice for an engine for our car would be the 2.0 or stick with the one i got ?? cuz i was thinking maybe buy the 2.0 and begin to build it and then when im ready put it in my car but thats just me , wat do u know about the 6 speed cuz i love 6 speeds for some reason
      rare and very expensive and can not be found in North America ...its actually a 6spd awd tranny but is usually converted to just fwd because its stronger that way....6 spds are ok it just depends on what you doing NA or FI plus if the gears are long or short....usually id say stay with the 5 spd if your going FI, because most 6 spds are close /short gear so you stay in boost less than if it was the longer gear 5spds, but i believe this transmission (f2 is used stock with a c20let which is a turbo engine, so im guessing its a 6spd built for FI......but i beleive they cost a hefty amount plus they are hard to find since everyone wants them but only a few places have them, then you have to ship it here and all those fees...it will probably cost as much as the rest of the car with a built engine

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      ok but u think that the U20SED engine is the way to go if i wanna turbo my car ???

Thanks
      dont know personally i would turbo the 1.6L since i wouldnt want to invest too much money into the car....fuel management is already going to be a pain with the stock engine, i cant even imagine how much of a pain the wiring would be on the u20sed.....plus you have to think how much weight your adding and will it throw off the handling....but if you want power go u20sed or c20get (stock turbo sohc engine)