•  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: turbonator

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by AVE0SAM
      ::shakes head in disappointment:: not this crap again, one of the forums rules should be banning of anyone mentioning the turbonator....the only people who say it works are the dumbass who buy it and realize they got scammed....

and from my sig: B, final answer
      might ammend this to include electric superchargers... there's a reason you've only seen them stock on minivans

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far the wall moves after you hit it.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by y2daniel1981
      tell ya what, if the club can gather enough funds to buy me one, and pay for a dyno session, i'll prove once and for all if it does or does not work
      mind as well test out those electic hair dryer motors for the intake out too while we are at it.....or we can say screw it and just slap on a VGIS sticker somewhere on the car to gain 15 rwhp and call it a day

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      hey if board members are willing to pay for the products and my dyno time i'll be all for it

Still love my daily driver Nemasys's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by exodus
      Quote Originally Posted by AVE0SAM
      ::shakes head in disappointment:: not this crap again, one of the forums rules should be banning of anyone mentioning the turbonator....the only people who say it works are the dumbass who buy it and realize they got scammed....

and from my sig: B, final answer
      might ammend this to include electric superchargers... there's a reason you've only seen them stock on minivans
      Hehe electric superchargers I found this little video on streetfire.net, see what electric superchargers really do...
      http://videos.streetfire.net/search/ele ... 022073.htm
      > 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
      - Fully built, GT35R, 500+ whp

> 2004 Hatchback 2.0L Turbocharged [RETIRED]
      - T3/T4 T04E .60 A/R Compressor
      - HKS SSQV, OBX Wastegate
      - FMIC with 2.5" piping
      - Tuned with Megasquirt II v3.57

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      The misconception of the turbonator is that they compare the thing to something like a turbo charger or super charger, the difference with that is what they DO with the air.

The turbonator people claim it will give you better performance because it spins the air, giving it better movement and a more complete burn when it gets to the combustion chamber, the problem with that claim is that air is air, unless you change the teperature of it by alot, it will still be the same. If you open a jar to let air in and put a lid on it, if you open the lid again you will still have the same amount of air you put into it.

Turbo chargers and super chargers really do work because they actually suck in more air than the engine would on it's own.

Air + fuel + spark = burn = power
      More air + fuel + spark = bigger burn = more power.

The turbonator doesn't do anything to the air but change how it moves, the bottom line is that with or without the turbonator, the same amount of air goes into the engine so you don't actually get any kind of bonus.

The turbonator people might also compare it to a jet engine, since it has fans it should allow more air to come in, but again, the jet engine only works cause it is using power to spin the blades to pull more air in. The turbonator makes no power, uses no power and doesent work when some energy or force is used (turbo>exhaust, super>belt)

And to be honest, in real wind tunnels where they test the areodynamics like aircraft, cars ect, straight air works better than twisted air, because twisted air is another word for turbulent air and we all know what happens when a plane travels through turbulence.

I've never heard NASCAR endorsing or using it, or Indy, or F1, or the NHRA, or any tuner teams so I'm guessing they think it's BS too.
      "If I parked a T-72 tank in my back yard, aimed the cannon towards Mexico, and muttered something
      about protecting my village from an invasion, the police would show up and probably haul me away."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2619314

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      lol well if you do the research vortec/e-tec II /v-tec and just about every automotive head automatically spins the air on the intake. since its been proven that the spinning air does give a more complete burn. so the turbonator is useless becuz its just doing wat the engine alread does...since obviously the engine doesn't burn all of the fuel and air when its gets to the combustion stroke *hence the purpose of the cat*

but yes i still know the turbonator is useless. and i can just imagine how frustrated aveosam is that we keep bringing this up. but honestly i just wanted his and peoples opinion's on it

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      I think the delorian from back to the future had one, yeah yeah, the doc said something about a vortex to flux capacitor

Almost time to do my timing belt xintersecty's Avatar
      Thanks
      Well I don't know much about the turbonator. I do know something about Turbo Encabulators: I wonder if I can swap my transmission out for one.
      Please do not power off, firmware update pending.....

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by xintersecty View Post
      Well I don't know much about the turbonator. I do know something about Turbo Encabulators: <Video> I wonder if I can swap my transmission out for one.
      That video is amazing, but holy thread necromancy, Batman.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      holy 7 year bump

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast