•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: turbonator

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

turbonator

i found the turbonator and it made me raise an eyebrow. i remember people telling me about how the vortec head will make air spin to increase performance of combustion. or how a cowel induction hood will create a vacuum causing air to spin like a vortex which fed the carburetor air fast and also increased performance.

AVEOSAM: i noticed you made a comment about the turbonator in a post to aveogyrl. and that was about the end of it ... so i know you'll have something to say lol. and ne body else i want some input on this...since i'm pretty sceptical that 40 bucks can add as many ponies as they claim. for those of you that don't know about it...

turbonator

edit: also i'm assuming it won't do ne thing since i just read up on the e-tec II head and apperantly it already creates the "swirl" from the air intake.

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks
      Ah HAhAhhAHA....Install one if you like, it won't do ****. There is so much stuff in the way of a vortex for it even work....When it's too good to be true, then it prolly is.
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Thanks
      lol thats exactly what i was thinking. if they would've said more like...1hp then i'd prolly believe it lol.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      I've known some people personally that said it works, other's that have said it's crap. But I haven't used it myself yet. My cousin had one and it screwed up his car though (I think he probably chipped off a part and it went into his intake)

Quote Originally Posted by y2daniel1981
      I've known some people personally that said it works, other's that have said it's crap. But I haven't used it myself yet. My cousin had one and it screwed up his car though (I think he probably chipped off a part and it went into his intake)
      isnt the whole thing supposed to mimic how a cai works from the cone filter, swirling air into the intake?

Thanks
      ::shakes head in disappointment:: not this crap again, one of the forums rules should be banning of anyone mentioning the turbonator....the only people who say it works are the dumbass who buy it and realize they got scammed....

and from my sig: B, final answer

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks
      one word, placebo!

Thanks
      tell ya what, if the club can gather enough funds to buy me one, and pay for a dyno session, i'll prove once and for all if it does or does not work

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by AVE0SAM
      ::shakes head in disappointment:: not this crap again, one of the forums rules should be banning of anyone mentioning the turbonator....the only people who say it works are the dumbass who buy it and realize they got scammed....

and from my sig: B, final answer

i literally started lmao'ing. honestly i brought it up becuz i wanted to hear your reaction. at first i was being stupid and believed what i was reading...but soon after *couple minutes* i was like "stupid...me" but i did actually want to hear what ppl had to say bout this.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      Good save..........

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast