•  
    Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Speed?

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      from 100kph i needed just shy of 5kms. If there had been 2-3km's more road i might have hit 130mph

This is to those who say it can not be done... I will break 210kph!

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Re: Top Speed?

the max. speed it atchieved (1.5 /auto.) is 175 Km/H

Thanks

yeah, not drafting, flat highway, i got around 180Km/h or about 110mph. i think i can squeeze maybe close to 10 more Km/h with more space. but then again, i am running pretty much stock everything. it's taking forever to save up for rims and tyre set and some good springs. oh and i have the 2007 hatch 1.6L manual tranny.

Thanks

I know this is an old thread ... but my fastest speed before turbo was just around 195km/h and has been said, it took forever to get there. With turbo, the needle can go past the gauge, so I don't know, but something over 220km/h LOL.
      2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - CCHT P&P - F28 6spd - KW V3 - FX35 Retrofit
      2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

The lanos I picked up reached 127mph with the old owner. I know it's not an aveo but it's close. I think it had a custom SRI, cat-back, and 1.2" lowering springs. That's allot more than I expected. Oh, it's a lanos sport with the close ratio D16. I'd think that the CR D16 would have hurt top speed at that point. I think 127mph is past the point where power starts dropping off.

Quote Originally Posted by mystere485
      also is there a lower diff. ratio so i can go faster?
      I don't think a lower ratio would help much. It would from factory, but once you put all the basic mods (intake, exhaust, grounds, DIY stuff, lowering springs) I think the lower ratios would hurt your top speed.

Quote Originally Posted by exist3nce
      I know this is an old thread ... but my fastest speed before turbo was just around 195km/h and has been said, it took forever to get there. With turbo, the needle can go past the gauge, so I don't know, but something over 220km/h LOL.
      ...Can't you bounce off the rev limited in 5th? I'd think that would be easy for you...depending on your tires that shouldn't be more than 245km/h. 220km/h is where the N/A motors start dropping like a rock. I can't remember what your dyno graph looks like

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkyllama
      ...Can't you bounce off the rev limited in 5th? I'd think that would be easy for you...depending on your tires that shouldn't be more than 245km/h. 220km/h is where the N/A motors start dropping like a rock. I can't remember what your dyno graph looks like
      For me at least, there was no way I would get to 220km/h with NA, not unless going downhill or something. As for now I know I could hit the rev limiter in 5th, but I've never really tried. Just haven't had a reason to go that fast plus as we well know, after 6000rpm power really drops off (even with turbo), so that last 500rpm would take a while.
      2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - CCHT P&P - F28 6spd - KW V3 - FX35 Retrofit
      2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

cant you adjust the air map to continue to make power in the higher rpms, or am i missing the bigger picture?
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

The Lanos has a .32 CD whereas the Aveo has a .35 CD. This is fairly significant when calculating top speed. Here is an article I wrote on the subject.

http://www.uniquemotorsports.com/tech_a ... ulator.htm

According to that, we should top out at 125mph in the Aveo. I personally have only seen 110 indicated at 2000ft elevation.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subachad
      The Lanos has a .32 CD whereas the Aveo has a .35 CD. This is fairly significant when calculating top speed. Here is an article I wrote on the subject.

http://www.uniquemotorsports.com/tech_a ... ulator.htm

According to that, we should top out at 125mph in the Aveo. I personally have only seen 110 indicated at 2000ft elevation.
      Yeah I compared pictures after that and realized the lanos seams much more areo.

Thanks for the info! That's really good to know

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikedudley17
      cant you adjust the air map to continue to make power in the higher rpms, or am i missing the bigger picture?
      You can do some playing around with the timing and such, but really the biggest restriction is the stock head, cams and manifolds (assuming you already have intake and exhaust) which are geared towards making more low and midrange torque than high end HP.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast