•  
    Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Speed?

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Top Speed?

Just wondering if anyone knows what the top speed is on our cars. I thought it would have been the same as my old malibu maxx @170kph, but i got the car up to a tick over 190kph trying to keep up with a M3. is there a limiter on our cars and also is there a lower diff. ratio so i can go faster?

This is to those who say it can not be done... I will break 210kph!

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      I dunno what the new sedan is like, drag-wise, but the hatch is drag limited at ~110 mph (~177 km/h), which means on a flat road with no wind, the air resistance prevents any further acceleration past ~110. Of course with a tailwind and/or a downslope and/or a slipstream you can go faster.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      I managed to get my hatch up to 100 on a unusually empty back highway once, it took forever, about 30 seconds or so. The next 30 mph after 70 is a bitch. I haven't been at that speed or higher since so I'm not sure, but my car was at it's limit, if it can go faster, it can't go much more than 110 I bet.

Also the transmission isn't designed for high speeds, changing the gear ratios can't help cause there arent enough gears in auto or manual, (4 and 5).
      "If I parked a T-72 tank in my back yard, aimed the cannon towards Mexico, and muttered something
      about protecting my village from an invasion, the police would show up and probably haul me away."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2619314

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by g0ast
      I managed to get my hatch up to 100 on a unusually empty back highway once, it took forever, about 30 seconds or so. The next 30 mph after 70 is a bitch. I haven't been at that speed or higher since so I'm not sure, but my car was at it's limit, if it can go faster, it can't go much more than 110 I bet.

Also the transmission isn't designed for high speeds, changing the gear ratios can't help cause there arent enough gears in auto or manual, (4 and 5).
      you must have an auto trans im assuming. my aveo (manual) does not take that long at all to hit 100. it seems to really start to drag at like 90 for me. also if you dont have a suspension upgrade or some wider wheels at least the aveo is very unstable. i noticed on mine that it gets real shifty at speeds over 90.
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      i've topped out at 118mph... say isnt there a thread for this already?

Thanks
      isearched but couldnt find another one. im sure it was prolly brought up somewhere tho.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      yeah i though i saw a thread at one time but gave up looking. I have the manual trans and it is slow to accel after 90mph, and like mikedudley said it is rather squirmish over 100mph. I haven't sprung(sic) for a suspension upgrade yet, would a belly pan help? i was wondering if designing one like on the ferrari f430 would matter? or because my car would have no hope in hell of reaching a speed in which the belly pan would make a difference, i might as well just try dropping and adding an airdam?
      This is to those who say it can not be done... I will break 210kph!

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by mystere485
      I haven't sprung(sic) for a suspension upgrade yet, would a belly pan help? i was wondering if designing one like on the ferrari f430 would matter? or because my car would have no hope in hell of reaching a speed in which the belly pan would make a difference, i might as well just try dropping and adding an airdam?
      Like I said in a different topic talking about getting alot more speed out of the aveo, the only real times you could get actually NOTICIABLE performance is from:

NO2,
      Turbo/Super,
      Combination of chip/fuel/air intake/muffler
      Bigger pistons/bigger engine
      Extreme weight reduction (with one or more of the above)

Other than that there is nothing you could do to make things better, although a belly pan might make it look better, and an air dam too.
      "If I parked a T-72 tank in my back yard, aimed the cannon towards Mexico, and muttered something
      about protecting my village from an invasion, the police would show up and probably haul me away."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2619314

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      Actually I find the hatchback quite stable at 100+ mph barring any crosswinds. The shape really presses it down. It's a lot more stable than my Elantra at that speed which feels extremely floaty.

Thanks
      maybe the hatch has more downforce bein applied than the sedan?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast