•  

Thread: remote mount turbo setup

Still love my daily driver classic67's Avatar
      Thanks

remote mount turbo setup

Ok here is the deal a lot has happened in the world of turboing a car ive done my research on all routes possible and Ive weighed the options of swaps and doner cars im in Germany and i still don't see a good swap for what its worth B/C when i move back to the states ill have a harder time finding edm parts so i looked into this remote mount turbo system it does draw a lot of questions where to mount it piping displacement etc. So i dug further the drive by wire system is garbage so get rid of it and put the throttle body off an older model swap the crank pulley for the lighter one if you run a smaller turbo you don't need to run an intercooler (optional). Oil feed wouldn't be an issue that's easy the hardest part is the wiring but if you ran a turbo with an internal waste gate would you really need to and if you did i couldn't be that much.

So in the build your saving money on
      manifold
      engine bay over heat
      some cases an intercooler.

Im not trying to break a dyno all im trying to do is make it to where i don't lose speed when i go up hill and have a little fun on the unrestricted parts of the autobahn.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      i have acually seen this done on mostly camaros and corvettes. I thought about doin it to my 97 ss camaro with twin turbos. Sence you would have to rig up a header off of a d16 turbo header (i think thats what headers can be fixed on our cars), that doesnt seem like a bad idea. If you wanted too, make it a sleeper with a small mount intercooler, slightly larger turbo, etc. haha. Have you found a location to put it at under the car? And are you goin to have to redo any of your internals? For some odd reason ive read our cars have a high compression

Thanks
      Im trying to find out how much boost our engine can take and put it 2 pounds under that in case of boost spike as far as a location right where the giant muffler used to be. For piping running the piping right along the exhaust pipe putting heat shields by the hot things like cat and res and you can use the stock header i have mine polished it works well.

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      you have the etecII correct? which one the 1.4 or 1.6?

the best full swap to do before coming stateside would be a vauxhall corsa ecotec 1.6t

its parts would be fairly interchangeable with the ecotec in the aveo. With a chip/bolt ons it is nearly 200hp, and the m32 6 speed is available in the us cruze and sonic, so no lack of parts there.

Thanks
      i agree with you rabbit on the swap. At the same time i want to do this turbo wit this engine setup that way the people that look to this site for info and answers can see that we tried this weather it works or not Ive drawn up the prints for this.The only thing that bothers me is the wiring if i could find out how to wire it ill do this.

to answer the question i have the 1.6