•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remote Start

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Remote Start

Hi Guys,

I got a new 08 Aveo 5 SVM in December and needless to say I had to add a few things to it. I put in a new Kenwood stereo system, sat radio, amp, sub, and 6.5" speakers in the doors. I also added power locks to the two front doors, keyless entry, alarm and remote start. I used various information on the web and from this site. So through some trial and error I got it working well. So if anyone is interested in doing any of this I can try to help with my experience. I know the 6.5" speakers have been covered as well as stereo and amp install, but I didn't see much on remote start and stuff so let me know if you have any question, I will try to answer them.

Rob

Thanks
      well how hard is it to install the remote start? I've always wanted one for the cold mornings so I can get it warmed up.

Thanks

remote start

It wasn't that hard after I got the right wiring diagrams. I have a manual transmission so that required and extra step wiring a clutch bypass relay. I had to wire two accessory wires because the first one I used turned on the radio, but not the heater/blower. The Aveo has seperate left and right circuits for the parking lights so I had to wire relays for that too. I got a galaxy RS5000 made by scytek on ebay with the power locks for 98 bucks. I can say I am happy with it and the features so far. You could probably get just the remote start for like 50 or 60 bucks. If you need the wiring diagrams I can try to post them.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

Re: remote start

Quote Originally Posted by AveoRob
      If you need the wiring diagrams I can try to post them.
      It'd be nice to have

Thanks

Wiring diagram

Here is one is used.

CHEVROLET

MODEL YEAR(S)
      AVEO 2004 -2006
      KEY T-HARNESS IMMOBILIZER
      N/A N/A GM's PK3 TRANSPONDER ANTI-THEFT System, Requires 791 Module and Extra Ignition Key
      PART COLOR LOCATION
      12 VOLT CONSTANT RED/BLACK (+) and ORANGE (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
      STARTER YELLOW (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
      STARTER 2 N/A
      IGNITION 1 PINK (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
      IGNITION 2 N/A
      IGNITION 3 N/A
      ACCESSORY/HEATER BLOWER 1 RED/BLACK (+) or YELLOW (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
      ACCESSORY/HEATER BLOWER 2 YELLOW (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
      KEYSENSE LIGHT GREEN (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
      PARKING LIGHTS ( - ) BROWN (-) @ HEAD LIGHT SWITCH
      PARKING LIGHTS ( + ) PURPLE (+) and BROWN/WHITE (+) Use BOTH, See NOTE *5 IN DRIVERS KICK, YELLOW 22 Pin Plug, See DIAGRAM
      POWER LOCK GRAY (TYPE B) @ CENTRAL DOOR LOCKING MODULE, See NOTE *1
      POWER UNLOCK LIGHT GREEN (TYPE B) @ CENTRAL DOOR LOCKING MODULE, See NOTE *1
      DOOR TRIGGER WHITE to DARK GREEN/WHITE (-) IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL, BLACK 10 Pin Plug
      DOMELIGHT SUPERVISION USE DOOR TRIGGER, Requires #775 Relay
      TRUNK RELEASE N/A
      SLIDING POWER DOOR N/A
      HORN BLACK/WHITE (-) or BLACK (-) See NOTE *2 @ STEERING COLUMN HARNESS
      TACH GRAY to WHITE @ ECM, Connector K, Pin 25, See NOTE *3
      WAIT TO START LIGHT N/A
      BRAKE BROWN (+) @ SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL
      FACTORY ALARM DISARM DARK BLUE (-) IN DRIVERS DOOR HARNESS or the KEYLESS ENTRY MODULE See NOTE *4
      ANTI-THEFT GM's PASSKEY 3 (PK3 on Steel Shaft of Ignition Key) TRANSPONDER SYSTEM TRANSPONDER @ IGNITION SWITCH TUMBLER
      EXTRA INFORMATION
      NOTE *1 the CENTRAL DOOR LOCKING Module is located in the PASSENGER KICK PANEL. NOTE *2 the HORN wire is BLACK/WHITE (-) on vehicles with Airbags, and BLACK (-) on vehicles without Airbags. NOTE *3 the ECM is on the DRIVERS FENDER in front of the SHOCK TOWER. NOTE *4 the KEYLESS ENTRY Module (if so equipped) is located under the Center Console. NOTE *5 the PARKING LIGHTS on this vehicle uses a 2-Wire System that will require 2 extra Relays Part #775, to connect See DIAGRAM.

Thanks

another diagram

Alarm & Car Starter installation info for:

CHEVROLET AVEO 2006
      Function Color Polarity Location
      12v Constant Red/black + Ignition harness
      Starter 1 Yellow (Small) + Ignition harness
      Starter 2
      Ignition 1 Pink + Ignition harness
      Ignition 2 Accessory 1 Red/black + Ignition harness
      Accessory 2 Tach White AC Driver side, Gray connector in firewall
      Brake switch Brown + At brake switch or DKP
      Parking lights Lock Brown/white Gray/green + - At Dimmer switch harness At Central Doorlock Module (2)
      Unlock Yellow/green - At Central Doorlock Module (2)
      Factory Arm Factory Disarm OEM remote only Dk.blue (Small) - In DKP harness or at Remote Keyless Module (3)
      Trunk release
      Door Trigger Trunk Pin Green/white Orange/black -- In DKP black connector In DKP harness going to the rear
      Hood Pin Brown/black - In DKP blue connector
      Hand Brake Brown - In DKP white connector
      Horn Black/white - At sterring column harness
      V.S.S.
      Injector AC
      Glow plug Clutch bypass Purple + At clutch switch
      Autolight off Rear defrost Blue - Behind defrost relay, bottom of fuse box
      Reverse lights Lt.green/black + In DKP yellow connector
      OEM Anti-theft: Optional Type: Transponder
      Notes:

(1) The ECM is located between the headlight and the shock tower on driver's side
      (2) The Central Doorlock Module is located close to the passenger firewall next to the heater blower.
      (3) The Remote Keyless module (if equipped) is located under the center console

The information in this data sheet is provided to you on an "as is" basis with no representation or warranty of accuracy whatsoever. It is the sole responsability of the installer to check and verify any circuit before connecting to it. Only a computer safe logic probe or digital multimeter should be used. SCYTEK Electronics Inc. and/or any associated or unassociated individual or corporation who furnishes this data sheet assumes absolutely no liability or responsibility whatsoever pertaining to the accuracy or currency of the information supplied.
      [/img]

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks
      If you have an Immobilizer like I do, you have to get an Immobilizer bypass (about 50 bucks) on ebay (try Xpress Kit) or a Universal Immobilizer bypass in which you need to put a key in.

as for wiring diagrams, I go to http://www.bulldogsecurity.com
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Thanks

diagams

the diagram at bulldog is similar to the first one I posted. I used both because you will notice that the second one tells you that the starter wire is the smaller yellow wire, not just yellow(there is more than one yellow wire at the harness). Also the second on tells you another spot to find the tach instead of at the ECM, it is in a plug at the firewall. So between the two everything is covered.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      Good info...
      -- xtreme 2

Body Kits | Exhaust | Intakes | More!
      http://www.dlspeedonline.com/
      http://www.facebook.com/DLSpeed

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

info on the power locks?

I’m interested in doing the power locks and possibly trunk, what can you tell me about installing the power locks? I also already have the alarm and remote start in a manual transmission however I did not install it so I can’t help much other then saying it works great, I just need power locks to make full use of it now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast