•  
    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: oil on threads of 1 spark plug

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: oil on threads of 1 spark plug

Whatever this thing is it's not related to the oil leak i discovered. So I must have 2 problems to solve.

Thanks

P2175 Throttle Actuator Control System - Low Airflow Detected
      P2135 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "A" / "B" Voltage Correlation

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by naphets
      This morning I called the GM service dept down the street. They told me code P2175 is non-existent and must be the wrong code. So I called the corp # they gave me after he explained that GM retains all error codes and definitions above 2000 as private corporate information. They said the code is non-existent and must be an invalid code. So I talked the service manager into pulling the code himself. Now it is pulling up as P2135, again this is information they are stone walling me on. I called back to the corp# and asked them about the new code. They said it is also non-existent, but couldn't say it was invalid this time. So they probably just lied and said they will call me between 3 and 5 tomorrow with or without the info. This is really seriously starting to look like a recall that never happened, I'm getting really worried about it.
      who told you there ever was a recall? there are no recalls on the engine for 2006+models... there is a tsb for throttle position sensor at low temperature and a tsb updating the warranty procedures explaining that the 30k timing belt inspection is no longer required...

EDIT:

This is what the dealership wrote on my invoice, dated 09FEB2007:

"9419 C/C of SES Light on and rough idle. Check and found DTC's P1516, P2106, P2110. Found TSB#06-06-04-050. To reprogram ECM. Call for S/T server connection is very slow (TIS to WEB). S/T 0.5 to diagnose #15 (DC) slow connection made for a long program time. Clear DTC's and road test check operation-ok now. TIS program code #11B3C".

So yes, P2*** codes do exist.
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Thanks

i have not found nor was told there were recalls on the Aveo... what there ere was 5 results in Google for the error code P2175 that were related to recalls on 5 other GM vehicles. It just wouldn't surprise me that GM avoided a recall, they do everyday.

Thanks

OK well I have decided about 99% sure I need to replace the Throttle Positioning Sensor, about $80 w/ tax.
      But...
      I am still unsure about what to do about the oil?

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by naphets
      OK well I have decided about 99% sure I need to replace the Throttle Positioning Sensor, about $80 w/ tax.
      But...
      I am still unsure about what to do about the oil?
      <sigh> Run it for a few months and check it again.

Real oil fouling of a spark plug will be more apparent than just "the threads" being wet.

Thanks

Ya a lot of people tell me its not a big deal and not to worry about til unless it's burning a lot of oil or whatever... But that's not how I roll. If this thing has a couple minor repairs that should resolve the underline problem, then I'll fix it right now. Now for most people they may drive the average 12,000 miles per year. I bought the car in august of 2006 with 42 miles on it. Now it is almost august of 2010 with 125,000 miles on it. There have been plenty of months I changed the oil twice. Once I changed I the beginning of the 1st week, the 3rd week, and the end of the month... 3 times that month. So for me to wait a few months can be a lot of miles. I've already purchased my 3rd set of TOYO OBSERVES... now those I recommend! I drive them all year round regardless of the advice of others. Out here you never know if it will be sunny or rain or snow, but those tires make this car handle nearly like a Subaru in the deep snow, spitting out dual rooster tails off the front tires going right passed the windows as well as dual rooster tails off the rears shooting way back towards the jerk riding your bumper lol... in the rain they disperse water just as well... and as always even in bad weather they also grip hard on the hot ground... perfect Aveo tire!

Thanks

I have a throttle position sensor off an 07 Aveo. I'll let it go for a much better price than $80 if you are interested.

I'd clean up the oil in the spark plug hole and check it again after one tank of gas. See if its coming from a leaking valve cover gasket or if its inside the combustion chamber.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daox
      I have a throttle position sensor off an 07 Aveo. I'll let it go for a much better price than $80 if you are interested.

I'd clean up the oil in the spark plug hole and check it again after one tank of gas. See if its coming from a leaking valve cover gasket or if its inside the combustion chamber.

Thats not a bad idea, The question I have is... How 'exactly' do I know which it is coming from? How 'exactly' do I determine this?

On the part sure bro I suppose I'll give it some thought... How much mula we talkin?

Thanks

I sent you a PM about the TPS sensor.

I'd wipe the area clean, drive the car once or twice and look to see where it is coming from.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast