•  
    Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: oil on threads of 1 spark plug

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: oil on threads of 1 spark plug

Ok I went to Autozone and received the following printout...

OEM Number to cross: P2175
      OEM brand Chrysler
      definition
      Low Air Flow / restriction detected - slow accumulation
      explanation
      The calculated MAP value is greater than the expected MAP value
      probable cause
      1. - Restricted Air Inlet
      2. - Open or short circuit condition
      3. - Failed MAP Sensor
      4. - Failed TP Sensor

I am checking the website you gave me now...

FYI: Knowing I was supposed to change the Timing belt among other services at GM at 60K... I did this work at 72K, because thats when I had the $800+ they wanted... Now I am at 125K... So it has only been 53K miles since the last full service as they called it.
      Oil change intervals were at 4 K - 4,500 K miles. Oil has been Mobil1 5w30 since the 2nd day I owned it. I bought it new at 42 miles.... The last 2 times I changed the oil I went with Mobil1 High Mileage Extended Life 5w30... Also, I have always used Mobil One premium Oil Filters. Also, I have always had a K&N Re-Usable Air Filter, the second one because I just felt like replacing it around 50K. It still looks good to me.
      I last changed the spark plugs at 102 K.

Thanks

I have hunted down every code GM has that I can find and it's not on the list. The only results I am finding are other GM< cars that were recalled.. %$^#&*!!!!! lol

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks

did you reset the ecu?

Thanks

I have no idea nor do I think the girl that did it for me at Auto-zone knew either but that was fine cause she was cute and also did give me an error code at least. I mean seriously it said Chrysler what is that?
      The code though, is one that is apparently non-existent to Google as per a definition like all the other codes, I mean I found a complete list in order and it stopped before 2000 even began. Other than a handful of results when you narrow it down... which are recalls, but not of the Aveo they are other similar cars with probably the same engine. I have no Idea other than what Google was able to cache on that error code. Maybe that's just cause the girl at Auto-zone was just cute?
      Well I suppose I will found out tomorrow when GM is open again.

Thanks

Honestly though, after reading some of the complaints for the recalls on the small engines block like mine... and the check engine light was not always on, almost randomly it will flash on and off and then most likely stay on at that point until I park it for a while... Temperature of day heat and cold doesn't seem to be the cause because it will happen or not happen in all temperatures... Just like mine... IS that why GM changed things with the 2007? Anyone heard of that? Maybe I'm just crazy? Or maybe I should be looking it up under Daiwoo Lamos? I can get a lot of original spec to the Lamos that fit my 2006 Special Value?

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by naphets
      Honestly though, after reading some of the complaints for the recalls on the small engines block like mine... and the check engine light was not always on, almost randomly it will flash on and off and then most likely stay on at that point until I park it for a while... Temperature of day heat and cold doesn't seem to be the cause because it will happen or not happen in all temperatures... Just like mine... IS that why GM changed things with the 2007? Anyone heard of that? Maybe I'm just crazy? Or maybe I should be looking it up under Daiwoo Lamos? I can get a lot of original spec to the Lamos that fit my 2006 Special Value?
      You mean Lanos?
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by naphets
      What recalls on the engine block? The engine wasn't changed until 2009. The block design has been around for ages...

P2175 Throttle Actuator Ctrl Sys-Low Airflow Detected

With the engine at a certain RPM, the ECU expects a certain MAP value (air pressure). If the map or the throttle position sensor is defective, then a cel will be triggered. My guess would point to the TPS... because I had that problem before. The car would drive fine, but the check engine light would come on once in a while.
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Thanks

Well I went to GM and they said it is a manufacture error code and they want "about $300" to diagnose what it is without solving it. He also said that even if he knew what the code meant he couldn't tell me or he would lose his job. Sounds like a recall cover up to me... if not a cover up of something...

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Thanks

sounds like a scam than anything else, are you going to try another dealership/service center?

Thanks

This morning I called the GM service dept down the street. They told me code P2175 is non-existent and must be the wrong code. So I called the corp # they gave me after he explained that GM retains all error codes and definitions above 2000 as private corporate information. They said the code is non-existent and must be an invalid code. So I talked the service manager into pulling the code himself. Now it is pulling up as P2135, again this is information they are stone walling me on. I called back to the corp# and asked them about the new code. They said it is also non-existent, but couldn't say it was invalid this time. So they probably just lied and said they will call me between 3 and 5 tomorrow with or without the info. This is really seriously starting to look like a recall that never happened, I'm getting really worried about it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast