•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New ecu programing!!!! Help!!!!

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Post New ecu programing!!!! Help!!!!

i have a 2009 AVEO LT but it's not the american version, aparently this one is Korean, the other day i brought it to a shop to change the sparkplugs and after putting a new set of laser iridium NGK it started having problems, like a piston stopped working for a second and then worked again, it did that for a few days, i brought it back and apparently the cables were old, i got a new set and still was doing the same, the i checked it with an OBDII and it said the Air flow sensor had problems, it was not getting enough electricity, i brought it back to check the wiring going there, the mechanic disconnected all the cables and could not find it broken, he put it all back as it was and then the car would not start, he said it was the computer or ECU because he was not getting pulse on the injectors, after i almost killed him i bought a new ECU but now it wont turn on, i brought 3 guys to configure it but their machines say they cant access the ECU, what can i do?

my brother in law said get a piggy back controller or a stand alone for the injectors? where can i get one ?

this is the worse car i've ever had!!!

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      How often do they pick up the trash? I would go to the trash bin and try to fish out the old ecu, wires, plugs, and anything else he might have replaced. Clean off the oil, dirt, and bits of food. Then have him reintall all of the old parts, using a manual to make sure he is connecting all of the coil pack/ignition wires correctly.

Thanks
      Today another guy came and said it's the new computer that has a problem, he said it's supposed to turn on the check engine light when the key is on ignition before turning it on. he already tried cleaning all the plugs and installing them again,but it's not working.

im going back tonight to get a new ECU again!!!

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by avguy View Post
      How often do they pick up the trash? I would go to the trash bin and try to fish out the old ecu, wires, plugs, and anything else he might have replaced. Clean off the oil, dirt, and bits of food. Then have him reintall all of the old parts, using a manual to make sure he is connecting all of the coil pack/ignition wires correctly.
      i agree with this..

Thanks

Coil pack

They conected everything correclty, accordint to the Mechanic there is only one way of conecting all the cables because the conectors are different, i got a new computer now they can't access the computer, they don't know why, they think it is because there is another part that controls the connection of the computer with the car and it might be broken, what should i do?

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      Did they Program the new ECU?

Thanks
      that ECU was American my freaking aveo is Korean,,, **** THIS CAR!!!! now they installed the right one but apparently the COIL PACK is broken according to the Mechanic... the revs go up to 5000rpm without touching the pedal, if you step on it the car willl shut down, its sucking air like crazy... like the sensor was not working, and its giving me many errors on the scan, like p0118 the temp coolant sensor and some low bank problem, a camshaft error, im really sick of it, if anyone gives me $3000 for it i would sell it...i'm never buying AVEO again, CHEVROLET has let me down big time, i also had a CHEVROLET 1500 and sold it cause it gave me trouble before 60,000 miles, and now this, my next car will be European.

Thanks
      after installing the new coil pack now the Fuel Pump is sucking air, they are changing the regulator now to see if they can do something with it!!! it's the last time i buy a chevrolet... i wont even use it after they fix this, it's going straight to a shop to be sold!!! im going back to BMW 328i...

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      it sounds like these guys just don't know what they are doing... sorry for your experience.

Still love my daily driver Pickles's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      it sounds like these guys just don't know what they are doing... sorry for your experience.
      This. Don't blame Chevy for a bunch of incompetent mechanics

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast