•  

Thread: Need help on a decission..

Sal
      Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Need help on a decission..

Not sure where this would go since its 2 different things but Ok so basically long story real short, I will be getting a little bit of money, and want to upgrade something on my completely stock 04 aveo... I want to either get an AEM CAI or H&R springs.. The question is which one would you get, and why? Or should i just save up for something else....? also bare in mind that the wheels and tires i have are stock, for now, just in case that is a factor with the springs. Also the CAI im looking at is this one....

21-537C - AEM , AEM Cold Air Intake System

whats the difference in this one besides the color.. Shape looks different...
      21-537P - AEM , AEM Cold Air Intake System

Is there a better one, cheaper but as good on out there? and once installed how do you clean the filter and how frequently.

Thanks for the Input... Most of you know im a newbie when it comes to working on the mechanical portion of cars but im pretty good technically. just want to start my hobby of working on cars with this lil guy.

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I think its mostly the angle change that make it look so different.

Chrome reflects more heat. So the painted one would be preferable "out of the box" but if you coat the inside of the chrome one it will be fine too..

FWIW. most intakes work well. That particular intake is at least $40 cheaper on ebay. There are perfectly acceptable intakes on ebay for $50 shipped. I mean A AEM is nice for the brand name, "proven" numbers etc. But $50 for about the same is nice.