•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: n/a needs lots of input!

Quote Originally Posted by exodus
      Might as well get forged pistons if you're boring out the block. I don't know if there's enough material to get to the 1.8l mark, which even if there is, I'd be more worried about the block itself, rather than the pistons/rods.
      thats why this is going to be a 2nd motor

Quote Originally Posted by exodus
      I wouldn't say you have a heat problem unless you actually get the little red light. Relocating the cat will probably drop the ambient engine bay temperature quite a bit, though. I also wouldn't count on the fan to cool the radiator either, unless you plan on being stopped a lot (DRAGFAGS! :P), maybe try to give the aveo a bigger mouth?
      ill see if i can fab something at the sheet metal shop to mount under and in front of the radiator to get some air flowing thataway[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by ChevroletRyan
      Cylinder head for a 1.6L Lanos. Years 99-03. I do not know if this year will work with the aveo but Here you go.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/DAEWOO-LANOS-1-6-CYL ... dZViewItem

Ryan
      thats not a bad price but could i not pull a lanos motor out of one that was totaled for cheaper?

id like strip apart a used head and do an all motor complete custom build and run titanium internals and use different cams mabye?

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      remember, on top of that 400$ for the head, you need to send another one in, or they will charge you 75$. So make that 475$.
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

i bet shipping will suck on that as well

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      lol maybe 12:1 compression with water injection lol.

if i buy the lanos head and intake mani, will it be a direct swap? id at least like to get that done asap and im wondering if it would take more than a dedicated weekend to just swap stock parts. im also wondering if i will gain any hp just from the stock swap.

actually i just ran across this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-200 ... dZViewItem

if i were to purchase this motor and transmission, how hard would it be to do the swap, including the automatic to manual transmission swap, and what all necessary parts would i have to buy besides the engine and tranny?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12