Quote Originally Posted by "gse_turbo":1kdjwrzg
      PM sent
      Quote Originally Posted by gse_turbo
      PM sent
      ^^
      [/quote:1kdjwrzg]

wonder what that was about?

Quote Originally Posted by xstevex
      hopefully I can get some where with a header now thanks to you!
      no promises yet but it's looking good.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      i took care of the thriple posts

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      I hate having an ugly black plastic intake manifold personally...I think either an easyswap to the Lanos metal one (without having to swap the head or whatever) or maybe a Carbon Fiber one??

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by whiteraven
      I hate having an ugly black plastic intake manifold personally...I think either an easyswap to the Lanos metal one (without having to swap the head or whatever) or maybe a Carbon Fiber one??
      I'd leave it alone; the Aveo has a variable intake and likely has sensors coming from the electronic throttle for emissions, power, and all that nice stuff. You take that away and you might run into all kinds of problems, not to mention the thing is liable to be a real dog without the variable intake.
      It's not the size that counts, it's how you handle it!

2007 Chevy Aveo LS

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

Re: motor swaps anyone?

talk about dead post bein brought back to life
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

I don’t mean to be rude but what are you guys talking about? I have posted pics of my car with a 2.0 from a Forenza the swap is really straightforward not complicated at all. Rhe car fires right up with no problem and the engine runs just fine with no computer codes. I still have it on stands in my garage because I am working on fabing up a down pipe for the turbo that I will be putting in. The pictures that I posted shows the car with the turbo on but this was just to plum up the intercooler pipes. Before I put in the turbo I will be splicing in a piggyback form AEM and bigger injectors for the adding fuel that the car is going to need. I plan the take car off of the stands and take it for a test drive this Saturday to make sure everything working correctly. I am also working on a full set of instructions that anyone looking to do a similar project can follow.

Regards,

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thehotrodguy
      I don’t mean to be rude but what are you guys talking about? I have posted pics of my car with a 2.0 from a Forenza the swap is really straightforward not complicated at all. Rhe car fires right up with no problem and the engine runs just fine with no computer codes. I still have it on stands in my garage because I am working on fabing up a down pipe for the turbo that I will be putting in. The pictures that I posted shows the car with the turbo on but this was just to plum up the intercooler pipes. Before I put in the turbo I will be splicing in a piggyback form AEM and bigger injectors for the adding fuel that the car is going to need. I plan the take car off of the stands and take it for a test drive this Saturday to make sure everything working correctly. I am also working on a full set of instructions that anyone looking to do a similar project can follow.

Regards,
      this thread came way before you ever posted your swap thread so no one had really attempted it before

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

HOLY REVIVAL BATMAN!!!

this post is coming up on a year old here pretty soon, I'm glad that someone finally did the swap. can't wait to see some quarter mile time, the power to wait ratio should be pretty impressive.

Garrett

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thehotrodguy

Regards,
      I for one is really interested in the swap... I'll be looking out for the details.

I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123