•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lightweight flywheels

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks

Re: Lightweight flywheels

hmm ive seen one on daftart.com that is made by fidanza.....but i might get a custom one made by clutch masters since theyre based in Rialto, Ca which happens to be a five minute walk for me, ima start looking around...

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luv2uallday
      it is a foolish idea to install a lightweight flywheel... They spell disaster for your car and possibly you!!!! one owner had one put into his car it disintegrated while he was driving tore half his bell housing off the case punctured the hood in 3 places destroyed the radiator and pieces ripped through the passenger cabin like bullets...

The performance gains are not worth the losses.. I seen the damage a lightweight flywheel can do and if you did you would think twice about it.... and to the one who is gonna have a machine shop fabricate you one... you are making a big mistake... if those guys take too much metal off at the wrong area what i described above will happen to you.. the shops that refuse to do it are the smart ones cause of what can happen.... the flywheel is the mating part that takes the most torque and the most stress in combination with alot of heat what sense does it make to weaken its integrity? think about it. good luck to you all

so you saw some that could have possible lightened a stock flywheel or got a cheap lightweight one break and it makes all light wieght flywheels bad?

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkyllama
      I sell clutch kits with a lightweight flywheel, the clutch kits are listed for the F16 and F20 (D16 and D20 as well). The lightweight flywheel works only with the new clutch/presspure plate though.

Link? Wieght? Price?

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

I have 2 option for flywheel.

One is ALUMINIUM custom made in singapore to fit to original clutch kit.
      The flywheel is 4Kg+.
      Its made of aluminium.
      Price of flywheel is $900US shipped to anywhere in the world.

One is Billet steel custom made from UK.
      The flywheel is also 4Kg+.
      Need to use customised clutch cover and clutch friction pad to work.
      Does not fit original clutch kit.
      However work is in process to make another billet steel flywheel to fit to original clutch kit.
      Price is $1,000US shipped to anywhere in the world.

Picture on the left shows original clutch kit. In Middle is original flywheel. On Right is billet steel flywheel with customised clutch kit.
      Total weight of billet steel flywheel and clutch kit on right is 7Kg. Original flywheel in middle alone is 9Kg. Original clutch kit on the left is 5Kg.

Both flywheel and clutch kit assembled.

Original 8.5 inch clutch kit. 11lbs (approximately 5Kg)

Billet Steel flywheel with customised clutch kit. 16 lbs. (About 7Kg)

For clutch kit, I have a set of unused performance clutch kit on ebay. Its abt 3 lbs lighter than original clutch kit. It can be used on aveo without any modification. Fits original flywheel and the aluminium flywheel above.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=270247825290

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

Daft art has the fidanza flywheels, I think they are in the $400 range.

My clutch kit with light flywheel is in the $380-$530 range depending on which one you go with and what I have left in stock to choose from. The "lightweight" flywheel is simply a flat style flywheel from a lemans. So it's a factory, used, flywheel, no worries on it blowing up on you. You can substitute the lemans flywheel for a fidanza if you like. I just think lightweight flywheels are a bit expensive so I went this route.

Good lightweight flywheels won't blow up on you.

Sorry for the really late reply

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12