not sure where the thread went, but I'm sure there was one...

...think I may have changed my mind about these... I just changed the clutch/pressure plate out on my jetta and found my flywheel was cracked... a 9lbs lightweight one was near $80 cheaper than a new OEM one so, reluctantly I sprung for it...

Acceleration is improved across the board. It's no more difficult to launch than before (of course I was running on a 120k mile clutch before, so this may be relative)... only noticable complaint is a slight (very slight) decrease in torque when cruising in fourth and fifth gear. However, 1-3 definitely feel much much quicker. Rpms drop and rise quicker (engine was pretty quick before, too, though... would probably see better results with a heavier reving engine like the 1.6l)

Should understand that there's a big difference between the two motors though. My jetta has a 2.0l 8v putting out roughly 125-130hp and 140lb-ft of torque... The 1.6l might suffer a severe torque shortage with a lightweight flywheel... but after having driven something other than a honda (which are severely lacking in the torque department) with one... I'd be more willing to try one on my aveo.