•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Much

awesome guys thanks for tha help much appreciated. Sounds like i better stay with just simple bolt on's and my own mods. Better stay n/a until i find another engine haha. There is a local dyno here that burns chips for ever car n tunes it hisself...but at $125/hr to tune and $70/hr just to sit on the dyno is quite costly . Ill stick to simple mods for now....thanks guys.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      i dont think safc things will be good for tuning unless you can control timing with it....you need something that can control a/f and timing.....but with 4-6 psi the ecu should beable to compensate but timing will advance a bit too, but it would work but who knows how long

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by AVE0SAM
      i dont think safc things will be good for tuning unless you can control timing with it....you need something that can control a/f and timing.....but with 4-6 psi the ecu should beable to compensate but timing will advance a bit too, but it would work but who knows how long
      i would never run a turbo or s/c w/o a tune of some sort....

the stock ecu wouldnt be able to advance/retard timing or add enough fuel to compensate for a turbo on it own....youd blow up th engine

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      i dont think safc controls timing, and so far i dont think there is anything out there that is going to work for us. If there is i dont think its going to be the perfect set up. i thinnk it will get us close. but as aveosam said how long will it last. I am really thinking about picking up a spare motor as soon as i can find one at a cheap price. if i can get my hands on a motor, then i will toy around. but right now this is my girls daily driver. so simple bolts ons for now

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by shapinoweno
      i dont think safc controls timing, and so far i dont think there is anything out there that is going to work for us. If there is i dont think its going to be the perfect set up. i thinnk it will get us close. but as aveosam said how long will it last. I am really thinking about picking up a spare motor as soon as i can find one at a cheap price. if i can get my hands on a motor, then i will toy around. but right now this is my girls daily driver. so simple bolts ons for now
      if you want some cheap power get a 35 shot of nitrous...

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      yeah i have been pondering the idea of it. but for the price of all the stuff i would need, i would be just under the price of a turbo set up minus the tuning.

nitrous kit $400-500 bucks
      purge kit bottle warmer and gauge ect $240
      MSD window switch $100

thats a rough estimate, and it comes out to 800 or so.

For tat price i could get everything i need to turbo, and then i would have more usable power. i have had cars with a nitrous set up, as well as turbo and i definatley prefer turbo.

Ahh im not really a nitrous person ill just stick to n/a for now untill something or someone can come up with a solution i have thought about taking mine to a machine shop and seein wat they can do with my block n heads. I'll just do some custum upgrades. I just want an ultimate sleeper...who would think this car could be fast ya know. Going to be nice to turn some v-8 owner heads.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12