•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Short Shift Kit

Short Shift Kit

Hello all, I remeber finding a link to a short **** kit on the prevous forum. I rember it being around a 100 dollars or so. Does anyone have a the link? I was unable to find it again on the old forum.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: Short Shift Kit

Quote Originally Posted by gabe681
      Hello all, I remeber finding a link to a short **** kit on the prevous forum. I rember it being around a 100 dollars or so. Does anyone have a the link? I was unable to find it again on the old forum.
      the shifter shaft assembly? because if thats the one then you are out of luck because the company that made it is gone and shut down....but for the acutal linkage check the other two threads in this sections...another option for a shortened shifter is to do it yourself, i helped modify one with another member on here and it was mad easy

sam, what did u guys do? jes chop the shaft of the shifter down an inch or two?

Hold up now, the design from 360 Dynamics was sold to kinkyllama. You can find the short throw shifters on ebay all the time from him, or just go to DT and pm him.

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks
      heres the item number on e-bay 110093484711

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      Actually, you extend the shifter below the pivot point (ball) to make the throw shorter. If you cut off the top and make it shorter, you still keeping the throw they same length.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      yes and no. The distance between first and second is reduced at the top of the shaft if you shorten it above the pivot point... it's still a "work around" method of doing it, though.
      Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far the wall moves after you hit it.

Hey all,
      I have the short throw shift linkage from England. Has anyone installed this linkage before? It is hard to figure out how this thing goes in.
      Rhyno

I can tell you that installing this shift linkage is a 10 out of 10 on the difficulty level. I took my car in and it has been 4 hours so far. To be continued.

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Thanks
      tell us how it went, and how if it works good.

I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast