•  

Thread: Has the ALT in 09-up different from the 04-08 ?

I'll keep it and add a turbo Pontiac1976's Avatar
      Thanks

Question Has the ALT in 09-up different from the 04-08 ?

Does the 09-up ALT. different for the 04-08 ALT. other then the early being 85AMP ALT. and the later being 95AMP ALT.

Are the pulles different or the clocking of the body different. I have not had a chance to see them both yet to tell.
      This Question is mostly for people that have did work car have had both ALTside bye side.

PONTIAC1976

PONTIAC
      The Mark of a Great Car
      PONTIAC
      The Mark of a Great Car

This new set up is Messed up! at CarDomain. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3101276

Almost time to do my timing belt ontarian_frog's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      They are two completely different alternators. However, while browsing a Russian site, I discovered that 96627029 and 96866018 are 120 amp alternator that look very similar to the 85 amp alt. for 04-08. Doubt availability in North America.

If one could get an 04-08 aveo alternator and compare it to 04-08 optra alternator, the optra had a 95 or 105 amps. I think the difference is the plug location.
      Last edited by ontarian_frog; 05-03-2012 at 02:50 AM.
      I leased Pontiac Wave from September 2006 to August 2011.

Almost time to do my timing belt daug1502's Avatar
      Thanks
      I would like to see more information on this. I don't care for the 08 factory alt.
      http://www.aveoforum.com/phpBB3/view...p?f=41&t=28184
      2008 Aveo5 SV

I will think of a better signature later.

Thanks
      I will have to check the two of them side bye side to see next week get a chance.
      PONTIAC1976

PONTIAC
      The Mark of a Great Car
      PONTIAC
      The Mark of a Great Car

This new set up is Messed up! at CarDomain. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3101276

Thanks
      Well I got a chance to compare the three ALT. 09 Aveo pulley is got a bit of a spacer built in to it the mounting are way different from 04-08. The Optra 04-08 ALT. is a bit different looks like it might work with some easy modes, but not sure if the wiring is going to be long enough. But I have not seen the alternator on the car with the wiring hooked up to see if there a enough extra play in it to work.
      The case look pretty close if it was a 73-87 I would try to see if I could take the guts out of the Optra & put it in the Aveo case. I have never worked on the these newer alternator so I have no idea what they look like in there or if they can be played with like ones I know from 73-87.
      You can see them.
      PONTIAC1976

PONTIAC
      The Mark of a Great Car
      PONTIAC
      The Mark of a Great Car

Thanks
      The Aveo looks like it comes with 4 pin /3pin/2pins we had a few different set ups but . I guess it depend on what Alt wire set up you have. The Optra we only had one set on the two I looked at off 04 so I do not know if the come with differend pins.The 09 Aveo's two different to easy work with.
      As I use to play around the alt 73-87 car & trucks make what I want it or repair them. But I never had one apart seen it there as easy as those I worked on. If they are it should be to hard. The thing is the plug pins have to match yours wiring.

The pic's

The pic's
      Some had a/c with 4pin, some had a/c with 3pin I think there was a 2pin with a/c. I would have thought a 4 pin would have been a/c. Now I not sure what different is for the plugs beening different is most likely higher up put & maybe some ecm. You would have to check your car then check wiring book to see.
      Attached Images Attached Images    
      Last edited by Pontiac1976; 06-03-2012 at 05:23 PM.
      PONTIAC1976

PONTIAC
      The Mark of a Great Car
      PONTIAC
      The Mark of a Great Car

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      I believe the two outside pins in the harness are for reporting voltage back to the system from the regulator. I just had Singer Alternators put a high output stator in our OEM case. He only put a 2 pin plug (the two inside) which I am not sure of their function yet. But this Alt does 135A at idle - and is rather smooth. I was only getting 48-60 Amps out of the 2005 factory Alt. The cool thing about our alternator is it does have an internal regulator - so you don't need an external dial based volt regulator.

Singer parts are being sold in Russia I think as of last month. Anyway if you guys are looking for High-output alts I can put you in-touch with the owner, just keep in mind depending on amperage they can get pricey.