•  

Thread: About code error P0172 help...

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

About code error P0172 help...

I once had parios details with the engine of my vehicle, the case is that according to this issue and the error P0449, should replace the solenoid valve of the tank and the ordered good here in Mexico was expensive OEM GM, approx $ 40 USD, when the AC delco beyond 13 USD plus shipping costs of the same quality, however as here only the Ecotec 1.6L came out a year, review the parts is confusing, so I prefer to buy the motor dealer.

I THOUGHT MY IMPROVE FUEL ECONOMY Conel CHANGE VALVE AND REMAINS OF 8 LITRES PER 100 KM ...

This is the theme.

http://www.aveoforum.com/forum/f82/c...r-p0449-13369/

To physically inspect the valve, I found some sutuación different, but I figured the problem was electrical it.

By changing the solenoid valve, the following occurred, the car felt very stable at boot which failed under the following conditions:

-full tank.
      - Tilted vehicle.
      - High temperature.

This was the weekend, but now I marked another error, which is the P0172, really hope this time I support with the problem, now I found this information, also installed a high flow filter Apexi so do not is affecting me know if it is free of oil, so I guess does not, appreciate the comments.

OBD-II Trouble Code: P0172 System Too Rich (Bank 1)
      P0172 OBD-II Trouble Code

Technical Description

System Too Rich (Bank 1)
      What does that mean?

Basically this means that an oxygen sensor in bank 1 detected a rich condition (too little oxygen in the exhaust). On V6/V8/V10 engines, Bank 1 is the side of the engine that has cylinder #1.
      Note: This DTC is very similar to P0175, and in fact your vehicle may show both codes at the same time.
      Symptoms

You will more than likely not notice any drivability problems, although there may be symptoms such as a misfire.
      Causes

A code P0172 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

• The MAF (Mass Air Flow) Sensor is dirty or faulty. Note: The use of "oiled" air filters can cause the MAF to become dirty if the filter is over-oiled. There is also an issue with some vehicles where the MAF sensors leak the silicone potting material used to protect the circuitry.
      • There could be a vacuum leak.
      • There could be a fuel pressure or delivery problem

Possible Solutions

Possible solutions include:

• Inspect all vacuum and PCV hoses, replace if necessary
      • Cleanthe MAF sensor. Consult your service manual for it's location if you need help. I find it's best to take it off and spray it with electronics cleaner or brake cleaner. Make sure you are careful not to damage the MAF sensor, and make sure it's dry before reinstalling
      • Inspect fuel lines for cracks, leaks, or pinches
      • Check the fuel pressure at the fuel rail
      • Check the fuel injectors, they may be dirty. Use fuel injector cleaner or get them professionally cleaned/replaced.
      • Check for an exhaust leak before the first oxygen sensor (this is unlikely to cause the problem, but it is possible)

Last edited by AUSCE; 06-05-2012 at 03:10 PM.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Nobody gonna help me?....