NOTE: the official group buy thread for this pulley is here:
E-TEC II underdrive pulley group buy - Chevrolet Aveo forum and owners club - AveoForum.com
Post in that thread if you're interested in one.

---

I'm starting a new thread on this to separate it from other discussion that had been going on. I know there is a lightweight pulley available from Xaiogary, but the price is a bit high and I think we can do better if we do a group buy on the board here.

Anyway, I have actually been thinking about this for a while. An underdrive crankshaft pulley is a very simple mod that is usually pretty low cost. It works not only by being lighter in weight than the original pulley (less rotational mass like a lightweight flywheel), but also by being smaller in diameter. This in turn spins your accessories slower which frees up some horsepower as well.

I'd love to get input and know if people are interested. If all goes well we can put together a group buy. The more people we get the cheaper the parts get, thats the way things work. So, let me know if you are interested.

People interested:
Daox
reddemonx92
serega12
one_man_jam
thehunterooo
xintersecty
AveoSS

theclarkfam???
petrified.rabbit???
bdc87???

I'm also still interested in knowing how the ecotec pulley compares to the etec. If anyone could even get a picture of the ecotec pulley we could probably know right there if it won't work.

So, I have modeled up the stock pulley at this point. I figured I'd share some pretty pictures with you guys (we all like pics after all).