•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DIY tuning software?

Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      so all of this plus your electric compressor thing what kind of gains do you think you'll see,

-2005 pontiac wave
      -1991 skyline gtst 250+rwhp

I'll keep it and add a turbo Weirdo_Joe's Avatar
      Thanks
      I haven't a clue, actually... We'll see! I'll figure out how to do the dynamometer first, and take a base reading before doing any engine/fuel tuning. That reading would be just Short RAM, Muffler, underdrive pulley, and wideband O2's. Then one with the compressor thingy... then a test with the compressor thingy on 36 volts... should be interesting!!!

Thanks
      Yaa before you do any tuning you should drive aroud and see if the stock computer can cope with the bolt on's. An obd2 reader should be able to tell you short and long term fuel trims.
      -2005 pontiac wave
      -1991 skyline gtst 250+rwhp

I'll keep it and add a turbo Weirdo_Joe's Avatar
      Thanks
      Drats! Reporting back ASAP, I just got an email from the guy who developed this software... This software that says it can tune "virtually any OBD-II car (there are a few exceptions)..." and, it comes as only a slight surprise, that our car is one of those exceptions. I'm bummed, but it was worth a shot! Guy was really cool, and if I wanted a refund, I could get it, I'm sure. But for $40, it's still got a LOT of data-logging capabilities... AFR as a line graph, dynomometer... those two things alone are worth it to me (I didn't have an AFR gauge before, and how much does ONE dyno test cost? ; ) He said he didn't know of a program in existence that could DEFINITELY read/write/flash the Aveo, but he gave me four options, four other programs that MIGHT work. I'll look into them, and post any new findings here! My hopes went way up reading about how to use the software... but I knew that some functions may not work on my car when I purchased it... Still, a worthwhile experiment, and if I can get one of those other programs to read/write the ECU, I'll be able to make use of all the editing software that came with this program. I am about to go take measurements on my car for the dynomometer test, though! I may not get those results posted until Sunday or so, but I'll try to save jpegs of the data to post here...last time I tried, couldn't post ANY pictures on this forum; hope that's fixed! May end up doing the AEM fuel/ignition management if the other software doesn't work...

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      the electric compressor does not work, is more slows the admission of air into the engine, try without it first, these electric compressors are normally fraud ...

I wish you the best of luck, post progress, greetings.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12