•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DIY tuning software?

I'll keep it and add a turbo Weirdo_Joe's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

DIY tuning software?

Ok, this may look a little gimmicky... but I am not opposed to trying something just to see if it works... worst case scenario would be out the cost of the software and having to replace the ECU, right? It may not have ignition retard, but even if it can do just a bit of fuel adjustment, that'd be like the Apexi Neo, which I hear helps "a bit" on this forum, and "helps even more on turbo or boost enabled cars" on their website (Neo) ... so, a little fuel remapping/adjustment could provide a decent benefit for the price: $100 bucks in this case, and you need to buy a cord to connect your laptop to the OBD-II port. Good thing is, this software seems universal. If you look at the supported options, some cars list a select few tuning options; I'm not sure if the Chevy/GM cars have all those AND more (i.e.-selected few options for some cars are less a few tuning options for all others not specified) or if the Chevy/GM options are more basic, like fuel mapping only, and DO NOT include the other options listed... for a bill, might be worth checking out. I have been enjoying the DIY approach; also, this comes with unlimited, novice friendly customer support on top of directions for use... What do ya'll think?

TOTAL OBD and ECU Auto Diagnostic Software | OBD-2 Reader & Scanner

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Your Engine is Ecotec 1.6L (GM) or ETEC-II(i´m not shure is daewoo)...

Ithink the pexi is convenient in an all motor N/A engine or a forced induction engine....

In a conventional N/A don't hope much gain....

Thanks
      It's E-Tec II (Daewoo-VIN starts with K...; )

Thanks
      Alright, I just purchased this software... I figure it's worth a shot. It's from some guys in Australia who do ECU tuning for cars there... The DIY Supercharger from GA Projects that was quite successful ALSO came from Australia... We'll see how this works. I'll use this thread to post results, whether they be good or bad!

Thanks
      Ok... I wasn't expecting much. I'm freakin' blown away! This software has SO much to offer; not only can you adjust the fuel, 3D maps and all that... You can actually change the ignition timing! I'm gonna be LEARNING how to use it for awhile, but it seems to have a LOT of potential! One program saves all your settings (original and alterations) another for editing the fuel maps... This seems to be able to do everything the AEM fuel and ignition controller does. I got this software for $40, and the elmscan 5 cable was $30-but that's $70 compared to $450 I like it! Already connected and tested it; haven't changed anything yet, tho... I'll let ya'll know how it goes!
      Last edited by Weirdo_Joe; 02-16-2012 at 03:13 AM.

Thanks
      wow so all you have to do is hook it up to the obd2 port and tune away on your laptop with the software?
      great find, i hope it works out for ya!
      -2005 pontiac wave
      -1991 skyline gtst 250+rwhp

Thanks
      Thanks! Yeah, "wow" is right! It only supports "live" tuning on select Mitsubishi & Subaru models; at first I thought it wouldn't tune the Aveo, and I was peeved... but I am a novice, and I later read that "live" tuning is editing the maps while the engine runs... so the way this works, is you download the original map, save 2 copies, one for editing, and a read only of the original... you then take your laptop, play with the map, then flash it onto the ECU when you're ready to try it out... you can save up to 200 different versions of the same file. Anybody who's bummed that Trifecta isn't tuning 2008 and older models oughtta look into this!

Thanks
      so it flashes your ecu with your new motified map thats not bad. i wouldnt play around with it too much that's a good way to fry a motor. if i were you i would get a wide band 02 sensor and start playing around with the fuel vaules small bits at a time untill you get a safe number, i would say ideal would be 12-1 or 12.5 -1 in WOT then your standard 14.7 in crusing and even leaner when off throtle.

im sure youll get the hang of it and keep us posted if it works, could be some useful information for the turbo lovers out there.
      -2005 pontiac wave
      -1991 skyline gtst 250+rwhp

Almost time to do my timing belt daug1502's Avatar
      Thanks
      Subscribed. Hoping to see some pre made maps for download at some point now.
      http://www.aveoforum.com/phpBB3/view...p?f=41&t=28184
      2008 Aveo5 SV

I will think of a better signature later.

Thanks
      Thanks for the tuning tips! Yeah, I plan to start with VERY small adjustments... and there's also a LOT of tutorial info on the disk... Here's a few more things this software can do! For one, I was planning to get a air/fuel monitor... but this displays the O2 sensor voltage right on screen! I already have wideband sensors, so I should be good there! Also, a feature one of rabbit's posts on another thread just reminded me of: it's got a dynamometer function! Ok... that's all for now. I'm excited, I'm sure that's obvious. Tomorrow, I'll be reading and viewing the tutorials, but I'll be back with more information and some actual testing and results as soon as possible!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast