•  
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cold air intakes cai fitment problem

I'll keep it and add a turbo Weirdo_Joe's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by petrified.rabbit View Post
      did you try turning the pipes around or anything? i'm not sure what you are doing, but i know they are not labeled.

a few people have the chrome intakes system, and no one has reported that it simply does not fit.
      Whew! I was planning on getting the Chrome Intakes model myself this month... I have an 08 LS, and I am REALLY hoping it fits with minimal modification. I am planning to have somebody there (my gf, probably ; ) just to give me a ride to the parts store if need be while doing the installation, and am even aware I might have to cut a pipe or take it to a hardware store and have them do it; I'm bad about cutting things straight. It may take me several hours, maybe even a couple of days... But this was reassuring. Thanks again, rabbit!

Lifetime owner
      Thanks
      i didnt realized i said anything that enlightening, but your welcome.

Thanks
      Well, what you said is kinda reassuring. Turn pieces around, play with it a bit until it fits! I will keep that in mind...

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      So i got an email back from chrome intakes and they basically said yes the pipe WILL hit the strut tower and that was the way it was designed???? Wtf would u design something to hit the strut tower .. Like seriously.. I dont get it.. I did check the pipes and they were in the right way. I took it out last night and put the factory system back on.. Hopefully they will take it back

What do you mean there's no turbo? paulsaveo's Avatar
      Thanks
      i have the full AEM cai in my 04, it is a great fit but due in part to only having one flange for bolting it in, and the bolt point having a rubber bushing, the tube does have a little movement and rubs the opening that goes into the bumper. I installed the AEM at the same time I did the timing belt water pump and both t/b pulleys. When I first heard the AEM tube rubbing in the opening, at first I was upset thinking one of the brand new t/b pulleys was bad (LOL). a few weeks ago I was moddifying the headlights and noticed there was an area of the AEM tube where paint had rubbed off, I loosened the bolt pushed the tube to the side and stuck sticky sided foam padding to the opening and resecured the AEM tube. No more rubbing (vibration sound)

Almost time to do my timing belt daug1502's Avatar
      Thanks
      What about A small piece of foam rubber to act as a cushion for the pipe? I don't have a CAI or even an SRI yet, but those thoughts come to mind when reading this.
      http://www.aveoforum.com/phpBB3/view...p?f=41&t=28184
      2008 Aveo5 SV

I will think of a better signature later.

Thanks
      I had the SRI from them and after a week or so the bracket they gave me snapped. Simple fix, Lowes and just find some other one thats what i did and I have no rattle what so ever. I just ordered the CAI from them, havent recived it yet but i will use rubber gaskets and padding where it needs it.
      2005 LS Hatch 1.6 yellow!
      De-Badged grille
      Flowmaster 60 Series Delta 2 1/2 piping..

Thanks
      So obviously im missing something.. Haha what is yhis braket u speak of... I figured it should come with a strap like the AEM ones do that bolts to one of the original bolt holes but mine definatly didnt have such a thing.. It had the obvious two tubes, two cupplers , and a filter is there something else that should have come with it? If so can somebody take pics so i can see exactly what it should be?? Thanks

Thanks
      Yo, Stella! I am planning to order the Chrome Intakes myself this week! I can take some pictures, compare parts and ideas how to make it work with you! I am a TOTAL novice with cars... should be interesting! I looked at some other NGN systems (or something like that : ) intake that also said it fit the Aveo, but rabbit suggested the Chrome brand, so I'm going with that! And I was looking up the price again for the CAI, and looked at the "other" one... it even looks like it has more bends in it, and from what I understand, that's not good!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12