•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: She don't like the cold...

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

She don't like the cold...

This morning I go and start my car and let it warm up. Then run back inside, I mean run because it was cold. My hair froze solid in the time it took me to start it. Anyways I go back out and start driving away, and notice that my stereo doesnt have it's usual amount of BUMP. so as a test i turned off my speakers so i just had my subs going, and sure enough nothing. After about 15 min. of driving my amp finaly came to life, my sirius had also been freezing, if anyone knows of any solutions other than a heated garage it would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Thanks
      heater on while warming up ur car? Ive had EXTREMELY cold startups on my old 88 Civic and never had this happen.

Thanks
      The heater was on full blast. I would go out and start my car at -40 last winter in Saskatchewan and no probloms with the stereo, I don't know why it does it but it's anoying, I have to redo my preset on my sirius evermorning after it goes below like -10

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks
      i know when its cold, the stereo will not want to turn up, u got to turn the knob slowly otherwise it will actually turn down if u try to go up to fast. dunno if its just mine or if its like a special feature. of course i am talkin about the stocker, i dont know what u got.
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Thanks
      My head unit is the Clarion DXZ765MP. But that works fine, usually. Sometimes when it's cold it goes into system check over and over. I have to pull the face plate and let it warm up before i can get anything. So as it is now I'm having problomes with just about everything. My amp was dead this morning, along with my sirius. And my head unit had been doing it's thing every now and then, its a real pain in the ass...

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      I'm guessing ice formed on the wires, or on the terminal and caused somewhat of a short circuit, once it melted it played...try checking under the hood next time, see if thats the problem.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      speakers are not made of some magic material that doesn't expand and contract with temperature changes. your speakers themselves need to warm up. It's kinda like when you first get a subwoffer and you have to break it in.

Thanks
      I don't have a problome with my speakers, its not like i get in and crank it from cold, I have it almost so quiet i can't hear it till the cab warms up. It's the electronics that are having a hard time of it.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      did you say -40? Holy crap...
      -- xtreme 2

Body Kits | Exhaust | Intakes | More!
      http://www.dlspeedonline.com/
      http://www.facebook.com/DLSpeed

Thanks
      Yup, It was bloody cold. I was in Tulsa for a week this spring it's not a bad town, gave me a nice early reminder that the snow was indeed leaving. And I was in OKC last winter around the begining of december I remember you guys got like 2 inches of snow and it shut down the whole city for like 3 days. LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast