•  
    Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you Say Turbo

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: Can you Say Turbo

The engine looks crooked in the picture but I assure you that it is perfectly leveled I guess it is just the way the picture came out. The swap is not difficult at all; I am currently waiting to receive some parts I got from e-bay most of them are from Daewoo cars. Just some advise on buying parts try and get your part for Daewoo vehicles you will get the best price for parts, after all this is a Daewoo. I have taken good notes and have part numbers for the parts that I had to order and I have taken plenty of pictures. I am working on putting together a document with instruction on how to get the whole project started and any problem to look out for.

I also have one comment about a post about Maximum Turbo do not buy anything from this company. I had purchase what they are calling a turbo kit for the Aveo about a year ago from e-bay. After waiting for about a month what I received was a bunch of cheap universal parts all made in china the only thing that I was able to use was in universal intercooler kit. Also I did not even receive any instructions with the kit, and to add icing to the cake they left me negative feedback on e-bay only because I left them negative feedback myself.

After going through this experience I decided to put together my own kit with all quality parts, the turbo in a Garret ball bearing with an internal wastegate. I went this way because it would be easier to fab up the exhaust systems. I will put together instruction with as much detail as possible so other people can do the same and not get ripped off by companies like Maximum Turbo.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thehotrodguy
      The engine looks crooked in the picture but I assure you that it is perfectly leveled I guess it is just the way the picture came out. The swap is not difficult at all; I am currently waiting to receive some parts I got from e-bay most of them are from Daewoo cars. Just some advise on buying parts try and get your part for Daewoo vehicles you will get the best price for parts, after all this is a Daewoo. I have taken good notes and have part numbers for the parts that I had to order and I have taken plenty of pictures. I am working on putting together a document with instruction on how to get the whole project started and any problem to look out for.

I also have one comment about a post about Maximum Turbo do not buy anything from this company. I had purchase what they are calling a turbo kit for the Aveo about a year ago from e-bay. After waiting for about a month what I received was a bunch of cheap universal parts all made in china the only thing that I was able to use was in universal intercooler kit. Also I did not even receive any instructions with the kit, and to add icing to the cake they left me negative feedback on e-bay only because I left them negative feedback myself.

After going through this experience I decided to put together my own kit with all quality parts, the turbo in a Garret ball bearing with an internal wastegate. I went this way because it would be easier to fab up the exhaust systems. I will put together instruction with as much detail as possible so other people can do the same and not get ripped off by companies like Maximum Turbo.
      just swapping the bigger 2.0 engine can get you the same hp as would using the maximum turbo kit...what ecu are you going to use at first?

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by "AVE0SAM

just swapping the bigger 2.0 engine can get you the same hp as would using the maximum turbo kit...what ecu are you going to use at first?
      not entirely. kinkyllamas forenza with all his work and tuning puts out like 130~whp and about 120~wtq. ill find his post on daewootech for you.
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Still love my daily driver khan4rtist's Avatar
      Thanks

I have some basic questions for the 2.0 swap.

1. How did the electronics go? Did you have to swap ECU's? or did the 2.0 plug in directly to the factory 1.6 ECU?
      2. Do all of your electronics work such as headlights, A/C, airbags, etc?
      3. How much was the cost of the motor and the tranny?

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikedudley17

not entirely. kinkyllamas forenza with all his work and tuning puts out like 130~whp and about 120~wtq. ill find his post on daewootech for you.
      122whp and 128ish ft.lbs. Stock is 100whp and slightly more ft.lbs.

Chris dyno’d his at 120whp with a CAT-back and UD pulley I think…but I can never find that post on daewootech. I'm sure it was witin 2whp of that. He may have had a SRI instead of the exhaust.

This was with allot of mods. It's nothing to go by though because I had 44lbs/hr injectors on it for the turbo, but didn't have the turbo yet. We tuned it with one goal in mind, make the car be street able with the 44lbs/hr injectors and no turbo. Some issues started coming up and I had to put off the turbo (even tho I had the parts) and throw in factory injectors. I never retuned it with the new injectors and that's what the dyno was at. So who the hell knows.

But now, after over a YEAR of trying to find a few major issues with my car we're 95% sure we worked them all out. I will be throwing a new piggy back, the SMT-7 in and getting it mildly tuned and of course dyno'd. I have headers back exhaust (done very well), CAI, UD pulley, F28, factory flywheel will still prob be in, the SMT-7, grounds, and I can't really think of anything else. I think the 122whp dyno had CAI, UD pulley, crappy CAT-back, D20, and SMT6.

I'm doing a 2.0 forenza motor/tranny swap in my lanos as well right now. I’m still not sure if I’m going to keep it N/A or not so I’ve polished the intake manifold, doing the TB, and all those little extra things on it. I’m not sure when I’ll get around to putting a piggy back on it but it’ll get a SMT6 eventually. My goal is to get the car running, then turbo my forenzas, then build my lanos. Hmm, I wonder what the lanos would be like with the my forenzas F28 and turbo…

I can't wait to see this project come along. Any idea on when you will be getting the turbo on and what are your power goals?

Thanks

bump

any updates?

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Here is the lasted update, I got the car running and all buttoned up and have the intercooler in. I took the turbo off until I splice the AEM piggy back on the car so I can adjust the fueling and timing. Currently I am getting DTC code P0300 this is multi misfire error, there are a lot of reasons why one might get this DTC. I know the reason why I am getting the DTC listed below are some of the reason you might get this DTC my reason is obvious (engine replacement)

Reasons for DTC P0300

1) An engine replacement
      2) An ECM replacement
      3) A harmonic balancer replacement
      4) A crankshaft replacement
      5) A CKP sensor replacement

Unfortunately the only way to clear this up is to run the CKP System Variation Learn Procedure which requires a bidirectional or a trip to the dealer. I will try to avoid a trip to the dealer. My experiences with the deals have been some of my worst customer service experiences I have ever encountered. These repair shops are full of talentless part swappers that do not know how to properly diagnose a problem. The times I have taken any of my vehicles to the dealer it has always been under warranty other than that I am my own service shop. I am contemplated purchasing a used bidirectional scanner on e-bay I currently have an Autoxray 6000 but it is a unidirectional unit. I will call some local dealers on Monday and based on our conversation I will decide which direction I will go with this below are some pics of the car.

Thanks

very nice! did you reapholster your seats?

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Thanks;
      I had the seats reupholstered in leather.

Almost time to do my timing belt NYChevoo's Avatar
      Thanks

wow!! nice job with the aveo!!

Missing our beloved 1st gen Aveos everyday!
      Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!!
      04 Aveo (mine gone but never forgotten)
      07 Aveo 5 (wifes car gone but never forgotten)
      02 Suburban (Eats gas stations as snacks)
      12 Cruze Eco 6MT
      (46mpg daily? Holy crap!)
      12 Sonic 2LT (Wifeys new wheels)

Chevoo-1/2 Chevy, 1/2 Daewoo. I mean like WTF?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast