•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bore N Stroke

Bore N Stroke

Has ne1 attempted this yet,or,if u do will u have to buy bigger parts or could u go ahead and leave the factory compenents in....was thinking of boring n stroking mine to a 2.0 or a 2.2. I have access to a shop so im in the process of making a TB Spacer (Throttle Body) custom cold air intake and header. Just wondering about the bore n stroke though. Thanks

Rusty

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I Don't know but that block is not that big i would think the walls would have tolerance issues
      You did WHAT? to your Aveo? HAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by B1rdbrain
      I Don't know but that block is not that big i would think the walls would have tolerance issues
      and thats why i posted it here had no clue bout that lol...gonna go talk to the machine shop guy later see what he has to say. My cars gonna be fast dang it. I do need to work on the undercarriage and driveline though. Elimante Wheel Hop,New Cv's,Shorty Shifter,etc. I just wanna go fast in a car noone would think will be fast.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Onepoint6speeder
      and thats why i posted it here had no clue bout that lol...gonna go talk to the machine shop guy later see what he has to say. My cars gonna be fast dang it. I do need to work on the undercarriage and driveline though. Elimante Wheel Hop,New Cv's,Shorty Shifter,etc. I just wanna go fast in a car noone would think will be fast.
      i think an AVEO Sleeper would be fun

Quote Originally Posted by Onepoint6speeder
      i think an AVEO Sleeper would be fun
      haha for sure. imagine rolling next to a camaro or a stang n just blowing there doors off in a lil aveo. yes they would cry for sure. speaking of the aveo imma go do some work on it figure out some way else to make it faster. cant seem to get over 112mph.

Thanks
      What is every one's TOP SPEED? i think i got mine to 110 before i ran out of room.

Thanks
      4th gear redlines around 105, in 5th gear I run out of steam around 119mph.
      Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far the wall moves after you hit it.

You won't get much bigger than a 1.6 because the 1.6 is a bored and stroked 1.4L

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by exodus
      4th gear redlines around 105, in 5th gear I run out of steam around 119mph.
      I read that Aveos are apparently drag limited at ~115-120 mph.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      118 on the speedo downhill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast