I have my Avea since 2012/1 and also have a problem with code 89. I've been at my garage for the second time. They upgraded the software the first time and the second time they've repleaced some air thing. Don't ask me what it was exectly, but they thought it was over. Yesterday the error was back, so monday I'll call them again, but when I read al the stories, I don't think they can solve it.
I have had my Aveo since November 2012, and after about 6 months this problem started. It's at the dealer right now, for the 7th or 8th time, because this problem keeps occurring. They even changed the whole engine last time, resulting that it worked fine for two weeks, but then it showed up again. I think it is starting to get expensive for Chevrolet, to keep repairing it.
Don't forget to check out my.chevrolet.com link and take advantage of a wealth of vehicle information!
For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html
I just' ve got this failure code 89. Wonder if a dealer around Gothenburg can help me fix that problem. Seems like it is a common and well known failure. My car is around 40.000 km and taken in July 2012.
Found the solution guys? If yes, let the world know please
I'm having the same problems and curious what the solution was, mentioned in this thread.
My Car is an Aveo, Year 2012, Diesel 1.3D-95pk, around 40000km
It seems that the problem most of the timeoccurswith colder weather.
It feels like the car is starting not stable, like some power (electrical, bougies ?) is missing.
The error code disappears sometimes while driving and some time later (could be after 100km)it comes back. It feels like it's losing power that moment, but a little time later the power is back again. (The car isn't pulling that moment)
Sometimes the code comes up with starting the car.
Last edited by frenzke68; 01-19-2018 at 06:59 AM.
Yeah, same here without the power loss part. Nothing changes regarding the car and how it responds. Only that code89 coming and going from time to time. I checked videos from latin america/spain saying that it is defective thermostat, but I don't know if that's the case.
After a lot of reading / searching on the internet, I found a possible solution.
Maybe this can be confirmed by other people, who had the same problems.
I saw on a forum the following explanation:
Code 89 error. This message afflict several 1.3 diesel engines, mostly 95 hp engines. Consequences are not serious, the error message seems to be connected with a lamda probe issue. replaced it and problem will be fixed
It's the sensor, which will measure oxygen level
Will be continued.....
If you find anything else let us know!