•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WOW after 5 months...

Still love my daily driver Nemasys's Avatar
      Thanks

WOW after 5 months...

I finally found this site again! One day i came to check the forums and the link was dead and it never worked again.

Well i got some trouble with the car, visually its still the same as it was before (see Too white for ya! topic in the interior section) but mechanically, well the timing belt went 2 weeks ago and its costing me over 2 grand to fix it, so its in the process of a 2.0L swap (engine from Optra) if everything goes well i should receive the engine in the coming week or two, i found one but i need to chek it out, then get a shop to do the swap.

Else then that its pretty much still the same, ill keep you guys posted on the 2.0L swap progress, since its never been done tho bear with me it might take a while but im trying to get it done asap, its my daily driver so i need a car lol!

> 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
      - Fully built, GT35R, 500+ whp

> 2004 Hatchback 2.0L Turbocharged [RETIRED]
      - T3/T4 T04E .60 A/R Compressor
      - HKS SSQV, OBX Wastegate
      - FMIC with 2.5" piping
      - Tuned with Megasquirt II v3.57

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

Re: WOW after 5 months...

Quote Originally Posted by Nemasys
      I finally found this site again! One day i came to check the forums and the link was dead and it never worked again.

Well i got some trouble with the car, visually its still the same as it was before (see Too white for ya! topic in the interior section) but mechanically, well the timing belt went 2 weeks ago and its costing me over 2 grand to fix it, so its in the process of a 2.0L swap (engine from Optra) if everything goes well i should receive the engine in the coming week or two, i found one but i need to chek it out, then get a shop to do the swap.

Else then that its pretty much still the same, ill keep you guys posted on the 2.0L swap progress, since its never been done tho bear with me it might take a while but im trying to get it done asap, its my daily driver so i need a car lol!
      dunno whether to say damn or congrats lol

WB
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

well back dude....but there is a thread on someone else doing the swap somewhere...missed it when you were gone...lets his story be a warning to everyone putting off replacing the timing belt anything around 5500 miles is a ticking time bomb

Thanks

Well i was kinda pushing it, the belt broke at 115 000 kilometers on the odometer, lack of funds/time/badlucks all came into play and i couldnt change the belt prior, im well aware of this, knew it was just a matter of time but frankly with the way i drive that car, im amazed it lasted that long!

Well cant say im too disappointed cause im putting in that 2.0 ive been wanting to do for years, just didnt have the occasion to, and yeah Sam i found the thread with the guy that put the 2.0 turbo in the Aveo, got all my answers there.
      > 2010 Mazdaspeed 3

- FMIC with 2.5" piping

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

Well i was kinda pushing it, the belt broke at 115 000 kilometers on the odometer, lack of funds/time/badlucks all came into play and i couldnt change the belt prior, im well aware of this, knew it was just a matter of time but frankly with the way i drive that car, im amazed it lasted that long!

Well cant say im too disappointed cause im putting in that 2.0 ive been wanting to do for years, just didnt have the occasion to, and yeah Sam i found the thread with the guy that put the 2.0 turbo in the Aveo, got all my answers there.
      I look forward to seeing your progress

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

oh so our engines are an interference design. I wonder why they can't just make every engine non-interference. It can't be that difficult...

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

its about the compression ratio higher compression so the piston has to go up to almost touch the head.

Thanks

Problem is the 1.6 compression ratio is something like 9.5:1, which isnt high at all
      > 2010 Mazdaspeed 3

- FMIC with 2.5" piping

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

It has nothing to do with compression ratio. It has to do with piston design, stroke, and the length of the valve when it is open.
      The 4g63 has low compression and you can ask any DSM owner what happens when the timing belt lets go.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

piston design and stroke are what determines compression ratio, along with bore and combustion chamber dimensions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast