•  

Thread: Newbie

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Newb here, i have been looking into getting an Aveo for DD usage. but i dont know where to start. I currently drive a 95 Grand am. and i have a 92 Integra as a Project car. I need something newer than the Grand Am for a Daily only because it has tons of cosmetic problems, as well as Leaks.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Re: Newbie

well welcome to the forum.
      well there really isnt much different from the early Aveos to the newer ones. Aveos built after 05 have drive by wire throttles. u have the choice between the hatch or the sedan, auto or 5 speed. LS models are manual windows and locks while LT has power everything. mileage is 24 round town/ 34 on the highway but u can push it to over 40. its a great little car.

Almost time to do my timing belt NYChevoo's Avatar
      Thanks

i definitley agree with mkt8891. i have an 04 sedan, optioned only with a/c, cd/mp3 player and auto trans. i average around 32 mpg. best little car i have owned since my 20's. i'm 44 now and it fits my daily routine quite well and sure beats the hell out of driving my suburban around.
      welcome to the forums, lots of great people here and a huge knowledge base for any question or concern you may have. chances are most of your questions have been asked and answered by others who came before you so just search a subject and you'll probably find it!
      Missing our beloved 1st gen Aveos everyday!
      Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!!
      04 Aveo (mine gone but never forgotten)
      07 Aveo 5 (wifes car gone but never forgotten)
      02 Suburban (Eats gas stations as snacks)
      12 Cruze Eco 6MT
      (46mpg daily? Holy crap!)
      12 Sonic 2LT (Wifeys new wheels)

Chevoo-1/2 Chevy, 1/2 Daewoo. I mean like WTF?

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink
      Newb here, i have been looking into getting an Aveo for DD usage. but i dont know where to start. I currently drive a 95 Grand am. and i have a 92 Integra as a Project car. I need something newer than the Grand Am for a Daily only because it has tons of cosmetic problems, as well as Leaks.

Welcome.

aveos are great lil toys. they take a beating, then get back up and ask for seconds and thirds. best bang for the buck and there are some supporting mods out there to make it a lil more fun while adding a bit of giddyup. it wont be neck snapping or anything but it will scoot when u want it to. maintenance is easy, great mileage, and overall fun. hope u get settled in to one and become a very welcome member here!

cheers!

did this sound like i was trying to sell something
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

Welcome, glad to see another person from Michigan on here

Thanks

i hate to say it but i have completely forgot about this thread until now. I have been too busy with other things. As it seems right now i am buying a 2004 with ~40k on it for $4000. Is that a good price? what maintenance should i look at? and do they offer lowering springs for the Aveo? honestly it looks like a 4x4 so lowering would be #1 priority and thats it. That will be the only mod that i would do.

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

yes. and yes. that seems like a good price. check to see if the timing belt has been done? the mileage getting close and if you can do it yourself that will be an added expense soon after buying the car.

H&R, intrax, vogtland, eibach, and b&g i think all make drop springs for this car, and they are all about the same price wise so pick your favorite. if you are asking about recommendations. i say H&R and Eibach are "proven" name brands. the others are typically cheaper but as good. ut since the price is the same between them all pick your drop and brand you are comfortable with.

Thanks

thanks thats good to know