•  
    Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Would you consider buying a Chevy Spark?

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? thehunterooo's Avatar
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: Would you consider buying a Chevy Spark?

i dont think GM would ever use such a small engine again, it seems that most people who buy an econobox wants a race car, hence the versa is a race car

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by thehunterooo View Post
      i dont think GM would ever use such a small engine again, it seems that most people who buy an econobox wants a race car, hence the versa is a race car
      The Versa is a race car? How? I got one but I did not think it was a 'race' car. By the way, the Spark is going to have a 1.2 liter 4 cilinder engine, 80hp and will do 50mpg, just in gas alone its going to save me quite a bit of money compared to the Aveo, plus use less room in my garage. I'm saving money right now for it, black with black interior and will put my black 17' wheels with 205 tires on it. Its gona be bad ass... The Aveo? Going inside my storage building untill its time to pass it on to my daughter...

Thanks
      ha, the versa is a street beast per the versa fourm, good plan for the aveo and spark! when is it coming out?

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Chevy says august of 2011. I can't wait to get one!

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      I would be interested in getting behind the wheel of a Spark, so I'm waiting to hear something regarding when one will actually be on sale in Tulsa. Yeah, you really need to drive one before you can say...I wanted to try out an Aspire when they first came to the U.S., and while I thought it was a really cute car, I found that I didn't like it very much when I had to drive it every day. Just flat out too underpowered if you ask me! In fact, that turned me off to the Aveo for a long time, but I finally decided to look at one and just one trip in it was enough to convince me that it was worth buying, so I did. And I have found that a lot of the things that I didn't like about the Aveo originally have become things that I really appreciate when living with it daily.

If I could rent a Spark for a couple of weeks or so just to feel it out before I put money out to buy one, I certainly would! But I also think that the new Aveo (do I HAVE to call it a Sonic?) might be worth looking at closely as well!

Thanks
      I dont think the aveo is underpowered one bit when people block me in the left lane on the highway and do not move out of my way

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Ok, I guess I wasn't really clear...my fault. I agree with you that the Aveo isn't underpowered. The one I have likes to cruise at around 80 mph on the highway, and it doesn't have to work very hard to do 90! What I was getting at was that I was originally leery of the idea of owning an Aveo based on my experience with other cars its size. I had an Aspire back in '94, and traded in a '93 Subaru Justy on it...and have you ever driven a Geo Metro? I think it was lucky to do 75 going downhill with a good tail wind!

Nonetheless, I decided to try out this '06 hatchback a few months ago. I was stunned at how different the Aveo was, not only in how it looked and felt, and how easy it is to get in and out of, but the performance was far better than I had hoped for in a car this size!

So let me say one thing, and let it go at that...of all of the cars that I have owned in my almost 52 years, my favorite one is a red '06 Aveo hatchback that I'm lucky enough to be driving right now!

Keep writing, you all post such fascinating stuff.

Thanks
      not your fault haha, I just hate the term underpowered

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      not at all likely. The do not get the mileage of the smaller cars, but my trucks are much easier to get in, and out of.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks
      time to revive an old thread... so now that a local dealer got about a dozen of these (according to the guy on the phone) time to go test drive one of these and then a 1.4T sonic 6mt back to back...im undecided between going with an econobox again or jumping back into rwd world (miss my rx8 and way earlier 300zx tt)... anyways, will let you know how it goes.

2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast