•  
    Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Why did you buy an Aveo?

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks
      id like to add another reason as to why i bought my aveo-im poor lol

You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Should I keep it?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Haha, okay so I just turned 17. I was driving a mint 2005 Cobalt, Black and Chrome, fully loading, heated seats, leather, Pioneer sound system, everything.

We'll our lease was up and we had to go get another car. I was suppose to get the Cobalt SS. Well we got to the dealer and found out our only options were a bone stock 4 door Cobalt with a 2.0L OR the 2008 Black Aveo 5 Hatch.

I really didnt want the gross stock cobalt and i've always wanted a to drive a stick so I figured i'd go with the Aveo, kinda unwillingly but saved my mom some cash.

At first I hated it, but now I LOVE IT!! So glad I choose the Aveo over the Cobalt, although I do miss my old ride =[

out the door 10500
      2008 Black Aveo 1.6L

Drive A Manual, It's better For You =]

http://www.myspace.com/bradsaidso

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      i got a brand new 06 Mitsubishi Lancer for my 18th birthday, and it got hit 12 days later. well they guy that hit me has been saying it's not his fault so my car never got fixed. so i drove it around for almost a year when my parents said we were gonna trade it in. well they took the car to the dealer when i was at work. when they came back my dad had bought my mom an 07 galant and said for me to keep the aveo.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by exodus
      my mom and several of my friends had gone through tempos over the years... impossible to kill those things... short of driving it into an immovable object.
      The immovable object was (my now EX) boyfriend. He decided that cutting a door open to unlock it was more appropriate than calling a professional door opener guy.

He also successfully destroyed my heating/ac, as well as a passenger side window....i guess he thought it was a demolition derby car.

I really liked it, it was fun to drive. But I did get it after its prime...(someone didn't take care of it...when I bought it, I had to clean up the remaining remnants of puke in the back seat, couldn't see where the Intake was in the engine for all the goop everywhere...etc)
      "A True Soldier fights not becuase he hates whats in front of him; but becuase he loves whats behind him."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2961112/1

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Ever since they first came on the scene I loved how the car looked. My friends would laugh at my love affair for the Chevy 'RollerSkate' but I didn't care. I sold my '95 S-10 to my cousin and my wife and I were down to one car, which at the time was a '95 Chrysler Cirrus. I knew I wanted to get something cheap, fuel efficient, and something that I can drive comfortably (im 6'4"). We went to a dealership to look at an '05 Aveo, but it was a stick and I didn't really think my wife would go for it. We were heart-broken. I asked if they had any other used Aveos on the lot (this was not a chevy dealership), the salesman said 'no'. A few minutes later I spy a Black '04 that had pretty much every possible option and a few aftermarket goodies already built-in with 19000 miles on it. We bought it and 18 months later it is still running strong with 44000 miles on the odo.

Now our other car is a '02 Saturn SL2 and that car is kick-ass as well although I don't fit as well inside it as the aveo.

JustAGuy

Should I keep it?
      Thanks
      I got a new job and i drive 130 miles round trip every day. I had a sweet buick regal GS supercharged. the problem was it only took premium and it only got 28 mpg. on a good day. So i decided i needed something with better gas mileage and runs on regular gas. I get the g.m. discount so i went to the chevy dealer and saw a 2008 spicy aveo5. It was love at first sight! I miss the power of the supercharger but i like the money it saves and the 100,000 mile warranty.

Still love my daily driver aveosummit's Avatar
      Thanks
      I have an 88 firebird that is a terror on the gas pump so I needed something a lil lighter on the pocketbook...
      Aveosummit aka "C3Customs"

C3 Testimonials

Bravox Audio - Arc Audio - Stetsom - DLS - GermanMAESTRO - Clarion
      Your Sound is our Quality

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      they were having a buy one get one free sale on aveos at walmart....

the real reason I got it is because I traveled to school a lot over the past few years(120 mi.), probably once every other week, and I do a lot of local driving...needed something that had a 5 star crash rating, good on gas, and a good price, basically was between this, and a protege, a few other cars were options but never really considered. Still runs without any problems so far with 45k miles, kinda wish I waited until the cobalts came out but its still a nice car.

Thanks
      because i was being stupid and sliding my old '90 cavalier around on logging roads and smashed the tranny pan (auto) and drove it home leaking and burning out the clutch bands. now i got a manual thats really all i wanted. oh and the price for the aveo is why i rocked with it instead of the cobalt.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      I got mine cuz i said i would pay $2,000.00 Under sticked out the door and i wasn't going to wheel and deal and they Aveo was the first car that i liked and the Chevy dealler was the first place that did as i asked

You did WHAT? to your Aveo? HAHAHAHAHA

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast