•  
    Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why did you buy an Aveo?

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Why did you buy an Aveo?

I got mine because i needed a gas saver and my dad convinced me to buy one since he liked his hatch. So far i like the Aveo, considering i got mine the day after new years.

my car when i first got it, and my dads hatch in the background. (srry cell phone pic low quality)
      http://www.g3pcs.com/IMAGE_00031.jpg

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks
      i got mine cus it was a first time buyer program and i wanted to establish credit. plus i had literally no money to pay for a new clutch for my maxima. wish i woulda kept that maxima...young and dumb....
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Thanks
      I got mine for my 18th birthday present from my mom.

She said I could shop around for any car I wanted -under $15000 total- (including all of the little dealer price add-on crap). It ended up costing around $15300ish so I was pretty close to it I remember shopping around at all the dealer ads, websites and in person, I eventually got a list of cars to choose from...

New (all with virtually no options cause of $):
      Chevy Aveo, Honda Civic (before the current remodel), Scion xA, and the Ford Focus

Used (more to choose from but not the freshness of "new"):
      Suzuki Aerio SX, (1) Subaru Legacy and Mitsu Lancer

I was mabye shopping at the wrong time for the car cause when I got it, just about 3 months later the current model of the Civic came out and it was totally hot then and if it was out earlier I probably would have gotten it instead of the Aveo
      The xA was an option, but my mindset at the time was to have something very few people would have, cause it's kind of like my personality, be as individual and "un-mainstream" as possible, I know the Civic would have been the other way but it looked so good...
      "If I parked a T-72 tank in my back yard, aimed the cannon towards Mexico, and muttered something
      about protecting my village from an invasion, the police would show up and probably haul me away."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2619314

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      Hmm... I got mine because I love hatches and was shopping for a new one when my Cavalier was wrecked.

My List was:
      Kia Rio Cinco
      Suzuki Aerio
      used Xa
      used Civic
      and then I saw the Aveo from a post on the J-body forum I frequented from Gravana Tuning.

I didn't even know they existed until then, but I fell in love and started researching. The Gravana one though ended up being my best deal though, even though we originally thought all it needed was a paint job to be complete.

Well, it didn't come with all the OEM stuff I expected, but it was a great car so I kept it.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      With a new family, I needed, essentially, the cheapest new car available so we had a reliable 2nd car... Found a super lease deal, making the cheapest new car available even cheaper. That being said, that's why it's leased, cuz once my wife's car is paid off, we'll be getting something more decent.
      Don't get me wrong, I'm currently really enjoying the Swift+, but if the $$ were there, I'd be driving something else fosho... My big gripe- it's ain't the gas miser that it could be...

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      needed something to drive in the winter.

Thanks
      At the time I had a great track car as a daily driver. Thing is, my subaru in it's four tire spinning glory had over 200,000 miles and was not all that reliable. It also didn't have a/c which is not cool living in Vegas. I just needed a cheap daily driver so I could still afford regular track days and the Aveo fit the bill. Brand new only $11,000.

I have since sold my Subaru and am impatiently waiting as I save up cash to sell the aveo and get into something better and rear wheel drive.

Thanks
      Well, about a month and a half into medical school down here in FL, my 96 Bonneville blew the intake and hydrolocked the engine. So I needed a new car.

Not having any real income except student loans, I didn't have many options. I thought about used cars, but most of the prices weren't much different than what I paid for the Aveo.

Since it was the end of the 07 model season, I decided it would probably be best if I bought a new 07 with a warranty rather than spend money on a used car without a warranty. I was looking between a saturn ion, chevy cobalt, yaris, and fit.

Well, test drove all of them, and I could have got a lease on the yaris for about 199/month with nothing down. But I decided the insurance and mileage restrictions might hurt me too much. So I went back to the chevy dealer to look at the cobalt again, and decided to give an Aveo a test drive. I actually liked the roominess of the new sedan more than that of the cobalt coupe. I actually think the interior cubic ft. is larger than that of the cobalt, could be wrong though.

Anyways, since I get GMS pricing, I ended up paying about $11,300 for the car which included tax, tag, and all other fees. If you factor in the car itself, I think it was only about $10,300 for a new sedan. Not bad!

Thanks
      well, i got mine cause the price was good - about 11,900 out the door, and i thought it was cute as hell. good gas mileage and i don't see them everywhere like i would if i had gotten a vw or honda. i originally wanted a chevy colorado, but it wasnt going to work for me cause i needed a little more space.

i love my car and wouldn't dream of trading it in for something else. i have faith in my little sedan. the performance mods and upgrades may be slow-going, but one day i will have a quick little aveo- and everyone else will have traded in and gotten one of the same cars you see everyday on every street.
      i prefer not to go back to following the crowd..........
      Low n Slow

Thanks
      boxkiller, what makes you think we would trade our aveo in on something everyone else has? My next car will be an rx-8 or one of the upcoming Front Engine, Rear Drive cars yet to be released. I see more aveos than rx-8's...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast