•  
    Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why did you buy an Aveo?

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by subachad
      boxkiller, what makes you think we would trade our aveo in on something everyone else has? My next car will be an rx-8 or one of the upcoming Front Engine, Rear Drive cars yet to be released. I see more aveos than rx-8's...
      i didn't mean any offense by it. i just feel (in my area at least) that the aveo has not reached mainstream, and i like it that way. i like being out of that crowd. no offense to anyone who plans on getting something else- i guess i should have phrased it differently because i was actually looking at a vw rabbit before i got the aveo. and good luck with the rx-8, it's a sweet ride.

Low n Slow

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by subachad
      I see more aveos than rx-8's...
      That's cuz RXs chug a quart of oil for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
      If they only had that body-style with a v6 turbo from the Mazdaspeed 6... drool.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      I had a 91 Probe GT and blew the head gasket, I was tired of dumping money into it and the Chevy dealership across the river from where I was living was the closest dealership, so i got something cheap and good on gas

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      I bought mine hoping it would be great on gas, if you call 27mpg great, then I guess I shoul dbe happy, it's far from the 34-36 the dealer said it got.

But all in all, it's a great car for the money...I guess that's why I decided to put the springs and everything else I've done to it.
      Icelandic Blue with "LOW VEO" tags

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2396518

i got mine cause my dad saw it in the paper and he thought i would like it and we went and looked at it and drove it and decided 30 mins later i wanted it. it was all just me being anxious and impatient. if i had a chance to do it all over again i would have looked and drove a dozen different cars before i picked one and honestly i would have gotten a different car. i just wanted a new car so bad for some reason and couldnt wait to get one.

the only other car i test drove/looked at was a vw golf, i wanted it so bad it had really low miles but it was like 12,000 dollars and my thought it was overpriced and the guy wouldnt negotiate with us so my dad made me walk away.

dream car- vw golf, jetta, ford focus, honda civic, 2008 chrysler sebring, or an acura(my dad has one its amazing)

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      My Tempo was literally falling apart, so I traded it on a car that worked. I went through 4 'optional' cars before they took me to my Aveo, which was being repaired when I saw it. (no cosmetic damage...)
      "A True Soldier fights not becuase he hates whats in front of him; but becuase he loves whats behind him."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2961112/1

I fell in love with the Aveo from pictures of it at the 2003 Chicago Auto Show. I always had five-door hatchbacks, but at the time (pre- Fit, Scion, Versa days) there were few on the market. I had an Elantra GT, but the headroom (I'm 6'5'') was killing me. The Aveo looked cute, quirky, and roomy, so even before they were being manufactured I was sold on it. I bought mine as soon as they debuted in late 2003.

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      it was more of my dads idea than mine. he wanted me to get reliable transportation. the car i had ('83 olds ciera with 40K original miles) the bottom end of the engine got messed up from a 3 hr drive home from detroit. I got that fixed then he wanted to sell it and get a newer car that we wont have to worry about anything. There really wasnt anything wrong with the car... he just gets paranoid. we sold the car for $900 (we got it for free), and the guy that bought it (my dads co-worker) put like $150 into it and it ran trouble free for about a year-and-a-half.

I had no clue I was going to buy a car the time we actually did. he just said "wanna go to some dealerships and look at some cars?" so i did. the next thing i know we are in the dealers office and i hear the question from my dad, "Sound good steve, wanna take it?" I was like "ummmmm sure?" I guess he didnt get my hesitation. but anyways we went the next day to pick it up. I guess I dont regret buying it after all though. At first I really wish i bought something else, but im happy with it.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      I got my Aveo cuz if you look at my list of cars its the lil guy...lol

JK... I actually was shopping around for another vehicle and they were all big powerful cars. So one time my aunt lets me drive this thing called an Aveo. First thing she said is take it easy its got some balls. Of course I laughed and pushed on the gas.... WHOA! It did have some balls, little ones but balls enough to impress me...haha From that moment on I searched for an Aveo5 with a manual trans and the AC dealer option. Took me about a month but I tracked one down and now I have it here at home with me. Now I have to say that its a love affair that rivals the one I have with my IROC. I LOVE MY CAR!!!

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by gonzokidd
      My Tempo was literally falling apart, so I traded it on a car that worked. I went through 4 'optional' cars before they took me to my Aveo, which was being repaired when I saw it. (no cosmetic damage...)
      ah yes, i remember owning a tempo

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast