•  

Thread: Towing with a 2009 Chevy Aveo 4D Sedan

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Towing with a 2009 Chevy Aveo 4D Sedan

Hey everyone,

In 2008 I purchased one of the very first releases of the 2009 Chevy Aveo, great amazing car.

Now I need a larger vehicle because I'm getting into trade shows/craft shows for my work and I need to do one of 2 things;

1) Upgrade to another car like maybe the Chevy Traverse extended or something.
      2) Attach a class2 towing hitch and pull a 5x8x4.8 utility enclosed trailer (like what UHAUL offers)

My question is, even though the Aveo is NOT suppose to tow anything, could it tow around 800lbs in goods + 850lbs trailer 1600-2200 towing with a class 2 trailer hitch without and road problems?

I've read that people have towed small things like bikes, and smaller trailers...

What could possibly go wrong? I mean, if I have to stop hard would the trailer i'm pulling just push my car and jackknife or something?

I'm used to taking my full size GM Rally 95 extended van with a 10ton hydralric automatic breaks trailer (so i have trailer experience) however the van is dead now - I've never drove a trailer that didn't have automatic breaks. so I figured I'd try the aveo with a UHAUL or something

Or can I install the wiring and get a auto-breaking small utility trailer and wire it into the aveo so the trailer will use its own breaks?

Opinions, thoughts?

vtg
      What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      I am quite new to this forum as well as to Aveos as I've only had mine a week or so. But I would be very leery about towing such a trailer with an Aveo. I might consider towing a small flat deck utility trailer with light loads for short distances. But you mentioned you'd be towing an enclosed trailer. Those have a considerable frontal area and that would probably be way more of an issue than would be the 800 pounds. I think it would really give your car a workout and could prove a bit dangerous. Just one guy's opinion. I am anxious to see what others think.