•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reminded why I don't like Dealer Service

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Reminded why I don't like Dealer Service

So I have only had my car into service maybe 2 times. Once for a recall and the other for a bad ECU which went out the day after I got the car.

I took it in Tuesday and was fully checked in before 8am. The shuttle van finally made it back around 9:30 and had me to work around 11. 11?!!?!?! 3 hours??? not much of a courtesy if it doesn't get me to work for 3 friggin hours.

Even though I was the 2nd in line for the day they consider a timing belt to be a major service so it didn't actually get into the shop until 3:30ish pm. A little after 5 they call and say the car is not going to be ready Tuesday. Well I had already taken the next day off as kind of a relax day so I said whatever I'll pick it up on Wed.

I get the car yesterday, check over things, make sure my wheel locks are where they should be, fix the wiring on my sub box which they had to move and go home.

This morning, I start the car and notice a bad idle. I drive to work and with the car fully warmed up I park and let it sit... it idles like crap!

Now I have to take the car back in and have them fix it... again. I hope they do it right this time. I'm mad at myself for not just getting a service manual and doing it myself. I'm fully confident I can do it, I just wanted someone who has done a few already and would do it right the first time. I was paying for a convenience that I didn't get. Now I have to arrange a ride so I can drop off my car.

This sucks!!!

Thanks

Re: Reminded why I don't like Dealer Service

send a copy of this, wityh a little more agitation to the regional GM service rep. and see how nice they treat you. Seriously..it works.
      Icelandic Blue with "LOW VEO" tags

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2396518

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subachad
      So I have only had my car into service maybe 2 times. Once for a recall and the other for a bad ECU which went out the day after I got the car.

I took it in Tuesday and was fully checked in before 8am. The shuttle van finally made it back around 9:30 and had me to work around 11. 11?!!?!?! 3 hours??? not much of a courtesy if it doesn't get me to work for 3 friggin hours.

Even though I was the 2nd in line for the day they consider a timing belt to be a major service so it didn't actually get into the shop until 3:30ish pm. A little after 5 they call and say the car is not going to be ready Tuesday. Well I had already taken the next day off as kind of a relax day so I said whatever I'll pick it up on Wed.

I get the car yesterday, check over things, make sure my wheel locks are where they should be, fix the wiring on my sub box which they had to move and go home.

This morning, I start the car and notice a bad idle. I drive to work and with the car fully warmed up I park and let it sit... it idles like crap!

Now I have to take the car back in and have them fix it... again. I hope they do it right this time. I'm mad at myself for not just getting a service manual and doing it myself. I'm fully confident I can do it, I just wanted someone who has done a few already and would do it right the first time. I was paying for a convenience that I didn't get. Now I have to arrange a ride so I can drop off my car.

This sucks!!!
      Yeah I'm going to write a letter and pass it on to a few people. I will also write it much more politically and intelligently than I have posted here as it will be better though out and edited. It's unfortunate I had to go through this crap in the first place.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

hmmm they might not have had the timing right or tightened properly....i know when my uncle changed my timing belt and it slipped a few weeks later and we had to replace it again and they did but it was still making a funny noise and it was loose again so they kept trying to tighten it to spec and after a few trys the finally got it to work.

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

This sucks! but in all laziness, at least oyu didn't have to work for 3 hours! Once I stopped and helped a guy with a Ninja ZX-14 out...(I kept telling him he needed gas but nobody ever listens to me!)...and he finally got it started and it needed gas *OMFG SHOCKER!*

On the other hand, I have to keep taking my latptop to circuit city becuase it keeps needing "Fixed", and they give it back and I wind up having to take it back to them becuase its still broken... *sigh*

Sorry for your experience!
      "A True Soldier fights not becuase he hates whats in front of him; but becuase he loves whats behind him."

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2961112/1

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron-E-Babe
      send a copy of this, wityh a little more agitation to the regional GM service rep. and see how nice they treat you. Seriously..it works.
      I have received two "loyalty certificates" for $1000 apiece when calling the GM Customer Assistance Center. If your rude you will get nothing but if you remain calm, say a few magic words and be polite they are willing to help. Sometimes they will even cover repairs when you are already out of warranty.
      2008 Chevrolet Aveo LS sedan - 13,230 miles
      2008 Mercury Mountaineer AWD 4.0L V6 - 34,920 miles
      2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4x4 4.2L I6- 95,870 miles

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeJ
      I have received two "loyalty certificates" for $1000 apiece when calling the GM Customer Assistance Center.
      what are these "loyalty certificates" good for?

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

If the dealer screwed up while servicing your car, then expected you to bring it back so they can fix their screw up, I would at least tell them I have to work so I will need a loaner car.
      In fact, when I baught my car, the loaner car was part of the package. Anytime I take my car in for maintenance or repair, as long as I take it back to the dealership I bought it from, they will give me a loaner for the entire time.
      4 wheels, 4 doors, 4 cylinders, 8 speakers, and 1 loose nut on the steering wheel driving the car!
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3078012

Thanks

It's at the dealership now.

As an added bonus I started leaking water. Noticed it on Sunday while it was parked in the driveway. I looked over and cant see where it's coming from. It's from the area of the belt though, so I suspect the water pump.

They are checking this out as well, I'll post back the results.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

u sure its not ur AC?

You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast