Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reminded why I don't like Dealer Service

Still love my daily driver
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: Reminded why I don't like Dealer Service

Quote Originally Posted by mikedudley17
      u sure its not ur AC?
      I was low on antifreeze and the car did not run at all on saturday or sunday until Sunday night around 9pm. I noticed the water sunday at 3pm and it was still wet. It's 90 degrees out so there is no way the water was leftover from Friday. I also saw some green drips on the passenger side of the oil pan. That and I was low on water.

Good question though.

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

I c, there is def. sumtin not right. if ur dealership keeps "dickin" you around, id go to another dealersip.
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks

I agree with mike. Something isn't right. If there was a problem with your cooling system, the dealership would have caught it right away. I mean heck, how many dealerships would pass up an extra service job?
      I would say take it to another dealership. If it is warranty work, it doesn't matter which dealer you go to.
      4 wheels, 4 doors, 4 cylinders, 8 speakers, and 1 loose nut on the steering wheel driving the car!
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3078012

Timing belt broke, do I keep it?
      Thanks

i have 3 dealerships i deal with. one for major repair(they are kinda far away tho), one for minor repairs(alot closer to house but not great customer service), and another i use to get parts. kinda messed up but its all in how they handle the customer.
      You can not commit crimes in a Aveo. Its just not fast enough.

Almost time to do my timing belt NYChevoo's Avatar
      Thanks

thats interesting because right now i had to bring my chevy suburban into my local chevy dealer for some service work related to the a/c system. while my car was there they told me that intake manifold was leaking. in the suburbans the knock sensors of which there are two are located under the intake manifold which i think is a really stupid place for them, but i'm not an engineer nor did i design the 6.0 vortec motor. anyway i had them done 14 months ago, and it wasnt cheap!! i explained that they had done them and i felt that the service tech was at fault for not properly resealing the manifold. they told me i had a 12 month or 12000 mile warranty on parts and labor. since i bought the aveo in 04 i have only driven my suburban 3000 miles in that time. they told me they were sorry, but i was out of warranty. i called the chevrolet assistance center, and explained the whole thing to the customer rep, she asked me if i was a loyal gm customer and i gave her a list of all the gm cars i owned since i started driving. all gm. the outcome is that she called the dealership, and authorized the work to be done even though it was out of warranty. so i'm happy!! but in general i still feel dealers suck, unless you just bought a new $50000.00 truck or car.
      Missing our beloved 1st gen Aveos everyday!
      Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver!!
      04 Aveo (mine gone but never forgotten)
      07 Aveo 5 (wifes car gone but never forgotten)
      02 Suburban (Eats gas stations as snacks)
      12 Cruze Eco 6MT
      (46mpg daily? Holy crap!)
      12 Sonic 2LT (Wifeys new wheels)

Chevoo-1/2 Chevy, 1/2 Daewoo. I mean like WTF?

Thanks

The car is still at the dealership. I waited last night for it from 3:30 to 5pm and when I checked on it at 5, the service writer who has been nice to me this whole time gave me a rental.

The water pump is out and that's what's leaking so they are replacing that as well. On the plus side, I only have 5000 left on my warranty so this works out to my advantage.

I'm driving an 08 Aveo today and the interior is SO much better than my 05. I'm going to look into updating my front seats, now it's a matter of finding these seats without an airbag. I'll post a new thread for this. Also, it made me realize how bad my shocks and struts really are.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nathan06a
      Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeJ
      I have received two "loyalty certificates" for $1000 apiece when calling the GM Customer Assistance Center.
      what are these "loyalty certificates" good for?
      They give loyalty certificates of up to $3000 and they are good for up to two years towards the purchase of a new GM product. Basically, they are a way to appease their customers while guaranteeing some future sales for the company.
      2008 Chevrolet Aveo LS sedan - 13,230 miles
      2008 Mercury Mountaineer AWD 4.0L V6 - 34,920 miles
      2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4x4 4.2L I6- 95,870 miles

Thanks

Got the car back. Clicking is gone, water leak is fixed. The mechanic who worked on it this time knew what he was doing... he even put the fender liner back on correctly and hooked up my sub box correctly, unlike the last guy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12