•  
    Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Recall notice for 2009 Aveo's

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by 2010AveoLT View Post
      from what the service writer told me on tuesday, the procedure takes 2 hours.

Well this "Honest" Dealership lied to you. The Procedure only pays half an hour to do and should take about 20minutes once the technician has your car in the shop. maybe with waiting it'll take 2 hours, but it's a pretty straight forward repair.

Lifetime owner
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I hope they were talking about the wait from the time you arrive to the time you leave as well. I have change my plugs in my car numerous times i'm down to 20 minutes with getting tools out, and putting everything away..

I'll keep it and add a turbo
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet104 View Post
      Well this "Honest" Dealership lied to you. The Procedure only pays half an hour to do and should take about 20minutes once the technician has your car in the shop. maybe with waiting it'll take 2 hours, but it's a pretty straight forward repair.
      My dad took my Aveo in for me. He was at the dealership for maybe 1 1/2 to 2 hours. But, I also had an oil change scheduled at the same time, so I'd say an hour's work altogether for those 2 things, plus waiting time between them. It probably didn't help that my mom also took her truck in for the parking brake handle (also at the same time, even got an oil change set up right then and there for the truck), and they were sort of waiting to hear what was going on with the truck.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      Just called the dealership and are 2010 is under the recall!!! I'm so glad I checked cause I was planing to do the plugs next oil change.

LXV-SCOOTADRIVE, ON! 2010AveoLT's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet104 View Post
      but you also have to Remember: Alexander Chevrolet-Buick-GMC has to Cover a VERY LARGE area of SEVERAL counties, seeing as the Other nearest GM dealers in my area are OVER 30 Miles away!

EDIT: Got that recall done today, and i can already tell a HUGE Difference in acceleration!
      Last edited by 2010AveoLT; 07-02-2012 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Recall Done.

Thanks
      [QUOTE=theclarkfam;163029]Just got a voluntary recall notice in the mail today.

" This notice is to inform you that General Motors is conducting a voluntary emission recall that includes your vehicle.

Reason for This Recall: General Motors has decided to conduct a voluntary Emissions Recall involving all 2009 model year Chevrolet Aveo vehicles equipped with a 1.6L gas engine. A degraded connection between the spark plug boots on the ignition coil assembly and the spark plugs may cause the illumination of the Check Engine Soon light, rough engine operation, and lack of engine power.

What Will Be Done: Your Chevrolet dealer will install new spark plug boots and spark plugs. This service will be performed for you at no charge.

What Should You Do: Please contact your Chevrolet dealer as soon as possible to arrange a service date and to assure part availability. Instructions for making this correction have been sent to your dealer. Please ask your dealer if you wish to know much time will be needed to schedule, process, and repair your vehicle.

The new GM spark plug number and new spark plug gap are listed below. Please update your owners manual or place this letter in your owners manual for future reference.

New spark plug number: 25186682
      New spark Plug gap: 0.031-0.035 inch (0.8-0.9 mm)"

Hope this will help some peeps out.

I was never notified of this recall.
      Will the Chevy dealer have a record of the recall?

Thanks
      [QUOTE=stewartwillbanks;166740][QUOTE=theclarkfam;163029]Just got a voluntary recall notice in the mail today.

" This notice is to inform you that General Motors is conducting a voluntary emission recall that includes your vehicle.

Reason for This Recall: General Motors has decided to conduct a voluntary Emissions Recall involving all 2009 model year Chevrolet Aveo vehicles equipped with a 1.6L gas engine. A degraded connection between the spark plug boots on the ignition coil assembly and the spark plugs may cause the illumination of the Check Engine Soon light, rough engine operation, and lack of engine power.

What Will Be Done: Your Chevrolet dealer will install new spark plug boots and spark plugs. This service will be performed for you at no charge.

What Should You Do: Please contact your Chevrolet dealer as soon as possible to arrange a service date and to assure part availability. Instructions for making this correction have been sent to your dealer. Please ask your dealer if you wish to know much time will be needed to schedule, process, and repair your vehicle.

The new GM spark plug number and new spark plug gap are listed below. Please update your owners manual or place this letter in your owners manual for future reference.

New spark plug number: 25186682
      New spark Plug gap: 0.031-0.035 inch (0.8-0.9 mm)"

Hope this will help some peeps out.

Thanks
      Chevrolet is not the only car company having troubles with their cars, but even Toyota Company is working on the recall of over 5million automobiles in the U.S. alone. Another 5 million models are targeted in other countries around the world. The recall is over a faltering master switch in the driver's door that has been responsible for additional than 150 fires. You can click on this link for more info.

Thanks
      My chevy dealer told me after the recall install I had to come in every 5000 miles and have my spark plugs replaced. Has anyone else heard such a thing?

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Thanks
      My chevy dealer told me after the recall install I had to come in every 5000 miles and have my spark plugs replaced. Has anyone else heard such a thing?
      Car dealers and car salesmen say all sorts of irregular things (lies, inaccuracies, etc.) constantly. It's part of the sleazy game they play, and the business of running an auto dealership.

Does that mean you should believe anything or everything they say?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast