•  
    Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Recall notice for 2009 Aveo's

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks
      Why wouldn't it be covered? U R well below 100k and under 5 years. I would argue that one or try another local chevy dealer, Mike Williams Chevy here in CHI has been great-warranty or not

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks
      I had my coil changed by a mechanic, didn't realize/receive a letter in regards to the recall. Would receiving a refund from GM an option at this point?

Still love my daily driver Thymeclock's Avatar
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Aveo1009 View Post
      I had my coil changed by a mechanic, didn't realize/receive a letter in regards to the recall. Would receiving a refund from GM an option at this point?
      Since you were willing to pay for it and had it done at your expense, why should they give you a refund?

Do you really expect a dominant automotive manufacturer that is owned by the US government, with a WORLDWIDE FOOTPRINT to be charitable to you, as the insignificant consumer?

Those of us old who are old enough to own a car are old enough not to be naive.

What's wrong with my car?
      Thanks
      i feel like it was not only for the 2009 but the 2010 also. I have a 2010 aveo and i have a 2011 engine in it and it has cause me so many problems. It says one thing i need but with the 2011 engine in it some of the parts changed. It said it is the one part but with 2010 body and the 2011 engine they changed something. At one point my car kept running hot and i took it to the shop three times and they cause not solve the problem. well it was the radiator and i could only put a small amount of anti freeze in it, the shop was putting it to the half line and it was running hot. I had to have my catdalac converter replaced when he took it off it was in crumbs they dont know why. thank god for him and common since, everyone doesnt have it.

What's wrong with my car? Chev Chelios's Avatar
      Thanks
      I replaced my spark plugs less than a year ago because it started running rough, and one had some burnt oil on the spark plug boot. It was fine after that, but a few months ago it was doing the same thing. Two of the boots have some burnt oil residue but no oil in the opening. The boots look slightly burnt looking, but the spark plugs all look fine. I cleaned and regapped them with no improvement. I finally had time to check them all again Friday. I cleaned all the tips and rechecked the gap and now it runs worse. Before it would idle fine but only run rough under heavy acceleration but now it's running rough at idle too.

Then I just read about this recall, my 2010 is just over 150k kms, does it sound like this is something to do with the recall on the 2009s?

What's wrong with my car? Chev Chelios's Avatar
      Thanks
      Well mine is'nt under the recall. And after cleaning and regapping the plugs it's running worse.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456