•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New 2009 Aveo...now what?

What's wrong with my car?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

New 2009 Aveo...now what?

So I've been driving my new 09 Aveo sedan for about a year now, and somehow I only now decided to begin looking at making it go faster. Bear in mind that I'm on a budget here, but is there anything out there that can give me a little more horsepower and a bit better acceleration?

On a completely different note, I was able to beat my friend's Mustang in a little race the other day, so there must be some power in that little 1.6L...

Timing belt broke, do I keep it? serega12's Avatar
      Thanks

Re: New 2009 Aveo...now what?

Quote Originally Posted by Trainguy
      So I've been driving my new 09 Aveo sedan for about a year now, and somehow I only now decided to begin looking at making it go faster. Bear in mind that I'm on a budget here, but is there anything out there that can give me a little more horsepower and a bit better acceleration?

On a completely different note, I was able to beat my friend's Mustang in a little race the other day, so there must be some power in that little 1.6L...
      You mean besides the obvious simple steps like cold air intake, little less restrictive exhaust, and better flowing header? And most of people who drive aveos are on a budget that's why they're driving one in the first place. It just depends on the limit off your budget and how far you wanna take it.

And if you're looking at swapping an engine and boosting it, well, you should talk to Nemasys then.

And browse the threads, there are many useful ones in this topic.

Welcome to the forum!!!
      2006 Chevrolet Aveo a.k.a. Holden Barina – SOLD
      ​2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/TC - SOLD

Thanks

I've been looking for exactly that: A decent CAI or something similar that will fit the '09. I haven't had much luck though. All the ones I've seen have fit the 08 or lower.

Thanks

Petrified.rabbit used one from an accord. Read through this topic: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9542

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

dont forget to drop weight of the car too. take out spare tire, get a odyssey racing battery. carbon fiber trunk hood (if anyone makes any). youd be surprised how much more hp youd make by releasing what you already have.

Thanks

It may be just me, but I'd keep the spare tire in there unless you race... just in case. You probably will notice more gain by hitting the gym more often. And as far as carbon fiber hood - VersusMotorSport.com has some... if they don't have them listed, give them a call, they've got some good deals going on right now because they're selling their warehouse...

Lifetime owner
      Thanks

the hatch and hood on the aveo dont weigh much..

segra posted the cai solution i did, and i heard if you request different coupler colors they will do that.you will want to improve the bracket they send you though.

taking off the stock muffler helps a lot. you dont need to go with a 6" tip, just a flow design.

lowering the car to help with weight transfer on launches will help too.

the header doesnt fit the 09. but you can take out the second cat, and even the primary cat with the defouler method for more flow.

the 09 has the benefit of being a match to a vauxhall engine. so pistons cams are available. youll need to match all the specs though. ive been tempted to try the euro tuned computer as well but haven't.

Thanks

Yes, the chromeintakes guys do send you different color couplers as long as you call them the same day to ask for it. They did it for me for no charge and their phone number is in every listing on eBay, so it's not hard to find.

Thanks

I like the idea of taking one off an Accord and putting it in there, but I have the mechanical abilities of a three year old. Do you guys think a model could come out eventually? I mean, there's gotta be someone out there planning on making one.

Almost time to do my timing belt
      Thanks

Doubt it, the only way parts seem to get made for these cars is if you contact the company directly and see what happens. That's how I got custom gauge clusters made for the 09', the guy I spoke to was actually really willing to help out us Aveo owners.

Farthest North Aveo: Fairbanks, Alaska

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast