•  
    Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Question About Kalos Conversion Kit

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Garage empty: add car
      Thanks

Re: Kinkyllama: Question About Kalos Conversion Kit

Hey guys just wanted to give an update. I have to pay for the parts before I get a shipping quote It's this way with most Korean exporters unless you do purchases of around $50k Due to the US $ not being very strong, gas prices going up, (those two things bumped my cost up ~15% from last year) and my new Korea exporter sucking I'm not sure if I'll be able to get the price I originally said.

Sorry guys. My old Korean supplier had an amazing price, even with shipping. I was about to make the order at the time I told you guys I could sell them pretty cheap. A few days before I was supposed to send them the money they found out that the Kalos front end isn't supposed to be shipped to North America. Bribes didn't work either

I’m still bringing over two complete Kalos front end conversions w/ fogs. I may not have pricing until they arrive but I’ll see if I can get it sooner. I’m also bringing over a bunch of different grills that we will probably sell for $59 each. I really want to try to dig up other part numbers for neat kalos parts. If any of you have any part numbers or at least pictures of something you’re interested in from our guys overseas let me know.

Anyone ever see what the kit on eBay finally sold for? Or did it…?

Still love my daily driver
      Thanks

My wife has a friend stationed in Japan. Is there any way or would it help to get the parts through Japan?

Probably not, without costing extra, but I thought I should toss it out there.

Thanks
      Jason

What do you mean there's no turbo?
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XJCasper
      My wife has a friend stationed in Japan. Is there any way or would it help to get the parts through Japan?

Probably not, without costing extra, but I thought I should toss it out there.

Thanks
      Jason
      Probably not. I have no idea how available these parts are in Japan compared to Korea. Shipping costs 3x more than the product for the Kalos front end. It's always worth a try though, just make sure he checks shipping costs before buying anything.

One of my friends just got transfered to Korea so I'm going to talk to him and see if he can provide any help. Even some extra part numbers would be great.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

The Daewoo / Chevrolet Kalos was never exported to Japan. It wasn't even offered as the Suzuki Swift+. GM knew that Japan's subcompact market was already overcrowded and the "too-big-to-be-a Kei-car" Kalos was 1000cc's over the limit....and then there's Japan's distaste for any-and-all things Korean.

One other thing; Importing from Japan is nearly impossible - much worse than Korea or the EU. Japan puts an exporting tariff on all U.S.-bound parts. It's why you hardly ever see Japanese auto parts sellers on eBay.

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkyllama
      Anyone ever see what the kit on eBay finally sold for? Or did it…?
      $499 for the Kalos Sport ground effects. I've e-mailed the seller and asked when he will be re-listing the rest of the conversion.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0210447100

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Seller said the Kalos Sport grille, bumper cover, bumper reinforcement and headlights will be back on eBay in the next week. $549 for everything.

He also stated the following: "Kalos foglights complete with unopened factory column switch will be listed this month for $179."

Should I keep it?
      Thanks

Re: Question About Kalos Conversion Kit

Noticed that the guy put the Kalos conversion kit back on eBay. Price is $549 (not including shipping). I figure to ship the box via UPS would cost me about another $150 for Ground (7 day). Fortunately everything is plastic so it's not very heavy. I asked him if he would include shipping in the price but got no response . Anyone want to make a donation to my Kalos fund?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0230957200

I wish he still had the ground effects. Weird to think someone is driving around with those on a regular Aveo. Seems kind of a waste IMO.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234